League Table at 13th April

Highlights: The vast majority predicted a Latics win, but only Craig D and pk200 were correct with 1-0 :applause1:. LaticsPete was close with a 2-0 prediction. Only Bristolatic correctly predicted Matt Smith as Latics scorer :OASISscarf:. Within 100 of the 4,558 attendance were a couple of terrific efforts, John Platt with 4,563 (just 5 out) :imnotworthy: and stevesidg with 4,567 (only 9 away) :imnotworthy:. Also picking up 3 points were LaticsPete with 4,577 (missed by just 19) and Oafc1895 with 4,511 (47 away).

24hoursfromtulsehill :first: takes over top spot from JoeP by virtue of predicting more correct W/L/D results. Could go to the wire, this one.

A combination of non entries and incorrect predictions shot Oafc1895 up by 19 places to respectability in the Championship :pow:.

13-04-13prem.jpg

13-04-13champ.jpg

Edited by Bristolatic

Wait a minute. This has massive tactical implications. It's corner flag time.

If you were better at predicting the number of Latics goals, you wouldn't need corner flag time. Just saying, like. :grin:

Oh, hang on a minute, I'm not much better at that myself. :(

I demand a stewards enquiry. If Bury had let everyone in the attendance points would be vastly different :grin:

Likewise, I'd allowed for those locked out too....

It's shenanigans alright. I demand a stewards' inquiry. Some estimates of the number locked out would have put me bang on the attendance and celebrating an unlikely title win.

Ah, that's the crux of it. Some. The Police reckon 150 locked out. Fans estimated between 500 and 1,000. The Rarely Wrong, and other media outlets have gone for 300. I've gone for Bury's official figures. So there. :deal:Now stop complaining and try to get it right for the Yeovil game. :grin::tongue1:

PS. I notice you've been cribbing again, Mr24.

Ah, that's the crux of it. Some. The Police reckon 150 locked out. Fans estimated between 500 and 1,000. The Rarely Wrong, and other media outlets have gone for 300. I've gone for Bury's official figures. So there. :deal:Now stop complaining and try to get it right for the Yeovil game. :grin::tongue1:

PS. I notice you've been cribbing again, Mr24.

You say cribbing, I say corner flag.

There's nothing else for it - who's the OWTB equivalent of Joey Barton?

Who's the poster who most thinks he is smarter than he is, well that is probably me.

Or did you mean the poster who has spent time in prison for assault and is related to a murderer? Or who is a bit of a thug?

I hope you all realise that if this "bit of a to do" turns out to be a yellow and red cardfest, the game could be abandoned and I'll have a lot of recalculation to do. See what you've started with all your time wasting tactics, Mr24? Very unprofessional, considering how these tactics have been condemned in the past. :thumbsdown:Stevie_J, assert your authority please.

JoeP, remember you can edit your prediction right up to kick-off time (any recorded at 7:45pm onwards will render the prediction void).

And for the final few games, JoeP and 24hrs, you need to PM your predictions to me and Bristol, not post them on the board (I will post them up as hidden posts and unhide after the games have started).

:ass3:

JoeP, remember you can edit your prediction right up to kick-off time (any recorded at 7:45pm onwards will render the prediction void).

And for the final few games, JoeP and 24hrs, you need to PM your predictions to me and Bristol, not post them on the board (I will post them up as hidden posts and unhide after the games have started).

This is absolutely outrageous shenanigans. If we're PM'ing now, why weren't we all PM'ing from the start, to prevent cribbing, which is a breach of neither the spirit nor the letter of the rules? For instance, once it's known that someone is pretty good at predicting crowds (LaticsPete), what's to stop people going 10 or 15 either side of his normally sound predicitons? You can't change the rules halfway through the contest. It's a question of tactics - no more, no less. It's in the game. And besides, if I copy Joe (the current edits are an extremely successful wind-up, albeit with this one unforeseen consequence), I leave the door open for you and Bristol, which would be highly embarrassing.

I hope you all realise that if this "bit of a to do" turns out to be a yellow and red cardfest, the game could be abandoned and I'll have a lot of recalculation to do. See what you've started with all your time wasting tactics, Mr24? Very unprofessional, considering how these tactics have been condemned in the past. :thumbsdown:Stevie_J, assert your authority please.

On the contrary, it's extremely professional to hold what you've got rather than risk it. Besides, you should be happy. If I copy Joe, you could easily creep up on the rails, which would lead to another change of tactics and the reintroduction of risk on my part, which would be very, very exciting for all concerned. Especially the fans.

Hang on a minute, so the people in 1st and 2nd need to PM their predictions to the people in 3rd and 4th to prevent cribbing. Sounds a bit fishy to me. I think a neutral party with no chance of winning needs to get involved if that's happening.

Hang on a minute, so the people in 1st and 2nd need to PM their predictions to the people in 3rd and 4th to prevent cribbing. Sounds a bit fishy to me. I think a neutral party with no chance of winning needs to get involved if that's happening.

Rudematic is, as always, the voice of reason. And the people in 3rd and 4th just happen to be the ones who are most unhappy about the watertight tactics of the person in 1st. Fishier than an anchovy's :censored:.

We just need to find someone trustworthy. Can you think of anyone Rudematic?

Rudematic is, as always, the voice of reason. And the people in 3rd and 4th just happen to be the ones who are most unhappy about the watertight tactics of the person in 1st. Fishier than an anchovy's :censored:.

Well I certainly wasn't thinking myself (as I still haven't given up hope yet) I was thinking one of the other mods who aren't playing.

My brain hurts.

No shenanigans = peace on earth and good will to all men.

Not counting the possibility of anyone getting the full 10 points for correct attendance, there are 40 points to play for. 40. I am currently no points ahead of Joe and plenty of people can catch up. Why change the rules? Stevie J obviously hasn't seen the flaw in my supposed tactics that I've seen. That's not a reason to change the rules.

The only person not trustworthy is you!

I've never come in here - not for me, this prediction lark... but you lot are entertaining! How can I help?

You can send your predictions to Ackey then.

My suggestion was on the basis that I won't come close to you top two anyway.