We beat bury and changed the team!!! Why the smeg would we leave out our best player/ talisman/ top scorer?

Quality for a laugh on this board.

Exactly, do you think barca will leave messi out when he is fit/ available. Jose is our Messi. I dont agree with this you dont change a winning team thing, maybe a team that has won 5 nil you wouldnt change , but a couple of 1 nil scrapes, still room for improvement in my eyes. I would make 2 changes Baxter for Barnard (dont think hes done much wrong but things not going right for him, might do him good coming from bench against tired defenders) and Millar for Simpson. Making JYM el capitano

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We beat bury and changed the team!!! Why the smeg would we leave out our best player/ talisman/ top scorer?

Quality for a laugh on this board.

On the other hand we have just won the last 2 matches with "our best player in" after 3 matches without a win, with him in the side!

Exactly, do you think barca will leave messi out when he is fit/ available. Jose is our Messi. I dont agree with this you dont change a winning team thing, maybe a team that has won 5 nil you wouldnt change , but a couple of 1 nil scrapes, still room for improvement in my eyes. I would make 2 changes Baxter for Barnard (dont think hes done much wrong but things not going right for him, might do him good coming from bench against tired defenders) and Millar for Simpson. Making JYM el capitano

Plus the Gaffer has already shown that he also doesnt agree with the never change a winning side idea. I would bring him in for Simpson.

Weve got about a 2% chance of keeping him, why make it any less?

Must admit I had to laugh at his face against bury, proper sulky face. I assume because he wasnt playing!!

You know what, I really think we will keep him beyond the summer.

He is our best player and without his goals we would definately be relegated.

However he hasn't consistently shined enough week in week out to get the big fee that he is worth. We all know how magical he can be, I just don't think he has done it enough to warrant someone splashing the cash.

Surely when we suprisingly talked him into signing a contract, we put in a trigger clause on the amount somebody needs to meet before we part company?

I'm not sure someone would yet pay what we all know he is worth?

Unless that is, we do the normal OAFC move of selling him for an undisclosed fee (which probably means 1/5 of his true value, only to moan in 3 years that he is playing in the Prem).

Baxter and Smith up front (well, Baxter just behind), rest Barnard on the bench. Otherwise unchanged. Millar on for Smith around the 60-minute mark.

Resting a player with 7 days of the season left?

Nah, same team as Tuesday, Baxter a nice option to have on the bench.