Fanbase skills

Now, I'm chuffed to bits with the last few days. Just watching that excellent video of the imaginary new ground got me to thinking an old thought:

Why doesn't the club take advantage of free help offered by fans? They (rightly) ask for people to come and get stuck in with snow clearing and so on, why not do the same with people willing to help out with graphics or financial or trade skills or whatever else they know about? We have such a wide range of people on here and I'm sure we would all be willing to chip time for free or offer a service/supply at cost price if it was for the club's benefit. Aside from that video, a few people have offered to help with the website, I know of one offer to work on a business model from a business consultant, and how we have fallen down with the planning in local government through lack of attention to detail when Diego would (I speak presumptuously) have ground them into the dust over every subsection is beyond me. We are treating gift horses as if we were Newcastle fans.

Now, I'm chuffed to bits with the last few days. Just watching that excellent video of the imaginary new ground got me to thinking an old thought:

Why doesn't the club take advantage of free help offered by fans? They (rightly) ask for people to come and get stuck in with snow clearing and so on, why not do the same with people willing to help out with graphics or financial or trade skills or whatever else they know about? We have such a wide range of people on here and I'm sure we would all be willing to chip time for free or offer a service/supply at cost price if it was for the club's benefit. Aside from that video, a few people have offered to help with the website, I know of one offer to work on a business model from a business consultant, and how we have fallen down with the planning in local government through lack of attention to detail when Diego would (I speak presumptuously) have ground them into the dust over every subsection is beyond me. We are treating gift horses as if we were Newcastle fans.

In fairness the Club did call upon my expertise (behind the scenes) when the Council was possibly guilty of maladministration over the previous BP redevelopment planning application, but my offer to 'grind them into the dust', to use your phrase, was declined when the Council saw the light very late in the day.

In fairness the Club did call upon my expertise (behind the scenes) when the Council was possibly guilty of maladministration over the previous BP redevelopment planning application, but my offer to 'grind them into the dust', to use your phrase, was declined when the Council saw the light very late in the day.

Fair enough. I would have just handed you the bastard from the start.

There was a very well run volunteering scheme last summer, which saw the place given a facelift. Work undertaken included painting, cleaning, joinery and more besides. Planning is underway for this to be repeated during the close season. Extending this to more 'white collar' work is a very interesting idea.

By the way, people will be thrilled to know that the painting of the Chaddy roof will be completed before the pre-season friendlies.

There was a very well run volunteering scheme last summer, which saw the place given a facelift. Work undertaken included painting, cleaning, joinery and more besides. Planning is underway for this to be repeated during the close season. Extending this to more 'white collar' work is a very interesting idea.

By the way, people will be thrilled to know that the painting of the Chaddy roof will be completed before the pre-season friendlies.

Thinking of no one in particular...

james-dewar-404_678592c.jpg