If we had Matt Smith next season

Smith will go and certainly with my blessing. It will be a no brainer for the lad to x4 his wages. Remember we are not taking premiership wages here and his career could be over in 2 years time with a bad injury

I think he will go to the championship and if it don't work out may end up back as an Oafc player

All the best to smith hope all works out for him

He's already gone.

No chance he'll be re-signing with us.

The Liverpool and Everton games were a perfect shop window for him.

His stock was never going to be higher than after those games - National TV coverage and Media outlets drooling over him.

He's off to the Championship, on way more money. And you know what? Fair play.

Who wouldnt go for 3/4 times more wage and moving up a level in the process?

I had him down as an outright donkey who was destined for the lower leagues. But, the improvement made whilst under TP's guidence and then continuing that under LJ - he looks a different player. As an impact sub; he looks very useful.

Fair play and all the best Matt. Thanks for Sheff United away, Liverpool, Everton twice, Bury, Yeovil and Crawley. Huge goals!

I sill he think he is a bit rough round the edges. He has learnt how to use his size very effectively, but his touch let's him down, he is a bit clumsy (gait) and he lacks anything that resembles pace. He has come on leaps and bounds to become very effective in a particular role, but he needs a lot more first team football to really improve further. In other words, he should stay in L1 with us before moving up a division.

I personally think it's a shame he is going to leave. For both parties on a professional level. I don't think he'll catch at championship level yet, another year (scoring more goals) in league 1, with 1 more year league knowhow and he could be a better player.

He's already gone.

No chance he'll be re-signing with us.

The Liverpool and Everton games were a perfect shop window for him.

His stock was never going to be higher than after those games - National TV coverage and Media outlets drooling over him.

He's off to the Championship, on way more money. And you know what? Fair play.

Who wouldnt go for 3/4 times more wage and moving up a level in the process?

I had him down as an outright donkey who was destined for the lower leagues. But, the improvement made whilst under TP's guidence and then continuing that under LJ - he looks a different player. As an impact sub; he looks very useful.

Fair play and all the best Matt. Thanks for Sheff United away, Liverpool, Everton twice, Bury, Yeovil and Crawley. Huge goals!

Welll said Sly as always.

This is what pisses me off with our club. We have a promising player under contract but do little to keep him until its too late. The lad cam with immense promise and struggled through a mixture of under utilisation, coaching, playing to his strengths and nurturing.

No coincidence his development has rocketed in recent months under different management and coaching but then it's too late. We should have put faith in the lad and signed him up for longer months ago. Now he's going,our loss is some other clubs gain and we get jack :censored: in transfers or compensation.

Thankfully we did different with Baxter

Months ago he looked poor. I don't recall many demands to extend his deal before the cup run.

Benefit of hindsight, innit?

It was still painfully obvious that he was never used to his strengths.

And he's not the only striker at this club to suffer the same way.