Going against the grain

Ok seems pretty much everyone on here wants most of our players gone by the start of next season. For me though I'm more than happy to leave it to LJ, the same set of players that have been abysmal for the majority of the season are now showing the type of form that gets teams promoted. Bournemouth were in the relegation players until Eddie Howe returned. I don't see much difference between teams at the top and teams near the bottom, it seems the crucial difference is the manager and if he's good or not. Unfortunately for us Dickov was one of the worst.

Hopefully we have a gem in LJ and next season we'll be pushing at the right end of the table, and I trust his judgement on this set of players entirely.

yeah i mostly agree, but for me we have been far too quiet vocally, and still aint producing enough chances. i dont buy this "our form is good enough for promotion under LJ". we are winning buy one goal every game. to me that tells us he has sorted the defence out, not we have found the knack of scoring. it is clear we still need improvements all over the park.

we need leaders, we need people willing to put a tackle in, and while i do agree I trust LJ to deliver next season, I personally feel he will be far from ready to settle with this squad.

It is a matter of FACT that on current form - 14 points from 8 games - we would be in a play off place.

We did something similar with Brian Talbot, ended that season so well that we felt the players were good enough with a few additions in the summer. Didn't turn out that way and we just about survived relegation on the last day the season after.

Some of the players in this squad will have flattered to deceive just like they did with Talbot and just like they have all this season. LJ needs to know who they are, ship them out and replace them.

just as a follow on to my last post,

pre Johnson league Goals (36 games)

For 35 44

Against 50 63

GD -15 -19

Johnson League goals (8 games)

For 10 57

Against 7 40

GD +3 +17

Figures in bold are what you could expect at that rate over a full 46 game season.

Johnsons goals for column would leave you around 10th -12th in this years table

His goals against column would leave you top of the table

I know stats can be twisted which ever way you like, but that to me shows clearly where our transfer policy needs to be looking in summer. the defence has improved greatly under LJ, if we can improve our strike rate markedly we should be in for a very good season next year

just as a follow on to my last post,

pre Johnson league Goals (36 games)

For 35 44

Against 50 63

GD -15 -19

Johnson League goals (8 games)

For 10 57

Against 7 40

GD +3 +17

Figures in bold are what you could expect at that rate over a full 46 game season.

Johnsons goals for column would leave you around 10th -12th in this years table

His goals against column would leave you top of the table

I know stats can be twisted which ever way you like, but that to me shows clearly where our transfer policy needs to be looking in summer. the defence has improved greatly under LJ, if we can improve our strike rate markedly we should be in for a very good season next year

With the same squad, with Johnson in charge from the beginning, we could have had a completely different season! Bring on next season!! Infact no, pre season, I want to see the imports and exports of the current cargo aboard HMS Latics!!

yeah i mostly agree, but for me we have been far too quiet vocally, and still aint producing enough chances. i dont buy this "our form is good enough for promotion under LJ". we are winning by one goal every game. to me that tells us he has sorted the defence out, not we have found the knack of scoring. it is clear we still need improvements all over the park.

we need leaders, we need people willing to put a tackle in, and while i do agree I trust LJ to deliver next season, I personally feel he will be far from ready to settle with this squad.

Oh nooo! Nightmare...

Oh nooo! Nightmare...

I dont mean the fact we are winning games by one goal a bad thing in itself, im more than happy we have won the last three games. ecstatic even. as we all know football changes very quickly and there will be more than one occasion where we need more than the odd goal next year. to rely on a one goal cushion is a very dangerous thing

Ok seems pretty much everyone on here wants most of our players gone by the start of next season. For me though I'm more than happy to leave it to LJ, the same set of players that have been abysmal for the majority of the season are now showing the type of form that gets teams promoted. Bournemouth were in the relegation players until Eddie Howe returned. I don't see much difference between teams at the top and teams near the bottom, it seems the crucial difference is the manager and if he's good or not. Unfortunately for us Dickov was one of the worst.

Hopefully we have a gem in LJ and next season we'll be pushing at the right end of the table, and I trust his judgement on this set of players entirely.

I don't agree at all.

He has done fantastic motivating them for the time he has been here but we have had people like Simpson playing for a contract.

We all know what they are capable of, however too many have not given their all to Latics this season and cheated us and themselves.

I should have been relieved at full time yesterday but I was annoyed that they put us in that position with inept performances when they were capable of much better. I had to walk out at full time, I was not going to stay and applaud a "lap of honour".

Lets get things into perspective, we love Latics, they love the wage they are earning (couldn't care less about us) and all but about 6 of them should be pushed out of the door.

I don't agree at all.

He has done fantastic motivating them for the time he has been here but we have had people like Simpson playing for a contract.

We all know what they are capable of, however too many have not given their all to Latics this season and cheated us and themselves.

I should have been relieved at full time yesterday but I was annoyed that they put us in that position with inept performances when they were capable of much better. I had to walk out at full time, I was not going to stay and applaud a "lap of honour".

Lets get things into perspective, we love Latics, they love the wage they are earning (couldn't care less about us) and all but about 6 of them should be pushed out of the door.

You could be right, but like I said I'm more than happy enough for LJ to decide what changes are needed. Like I said in my OP in this league it seems the manager is the crucial factor between success and failure. I don't think for one minute the players enjoyed losing, but poor management and low confidence resulted in a relegation battle. I would imagine many Bournemouth fans would have been happy to see the back of many of their players before Howe returned, now they'll regard them as world beaters.