Season ticket Froze

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose there was never anything definate, only speculation re the 200 quid ticket, will look a bit sick if the playing budget is chopped by any great amount !

Whilst it is true that there was no offical annoucement, the leaking of the Furman video and now the subsequent u-turn isn't great PR. It makes the club look amateurish.

I suppose there was never anything definate, only speculation re the 200 quid ticket, will look a bit sick if the playing budget is chopped by any great amount !

It was more than speculation. They added a video promoting it (accidently). Also before that SC said they were planning new prices for next season.

Was tempted for £240, not at this.

It's not the club's fault the video was leaked (apparently) but SC did say something special was in the pipeline re STs some time ago. Whether or not circumstances have dictated otherwise, it was a daft thing to say until the 'i's were dotted and 't's crossed.

I expect some people will kick off on here but there's no divine right to a cheap ST offer though it is bloody frustrating for them to say one thing and do another.

Edited by jsslatic

Whilst it is true that there was no offical annoucement, the leaking of the Furman video and now the subsequent u-turn isn't great PR. It makes the club look more amateurish.

FTFY the fact that this seasons shirt was regularly advertised as being 2012/14 home shirt (ie including next season) enhances how amateurish the club is. Furthermore, it probably breaches trading standards regulations. Whilst I'm not going to complain to that level I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.

Also as we are having a new shirt it seems quite late to launch it.

FTFY the fact that this seasons shirt was regularly advertised as being 2012/14 home shirt (ie including next season) enhances how amateurish the club is. Furthermore, it probably breaches trading standards regulations. Whilst I'm not going to complain to that level I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.

Also as we are having a new shirt it seems quite late to launch it.

Yep, on the tags for the current home shirt it said 12/14, very misleading like.

For anyone moaning if you look at the price per match it just over £13 for an adult, it isn't very expensive. Of course not everyone has the money upfront but you can use the finance scheme to spread the cost over the season.

You have to look at it from a business viewpoint too. I personally don't think there would be a huge increase in uptake for £200 season tickets to justify a reduction. Losing a few at a frozen price will probably still give us a larger playing budget.

The only way to get lapsed season ticket holders back in my view would be to do something drastic like a £100 season ticket for adults for a limited period.