Season ticket Froze

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not had a season ticket for 3 years due to young family commitments and just chose my games both home and away however now the young lad is older and the positive vibe I get for LJ I will be getting 2 ST's this year

I'm not reading too much into the reduced budget thing as it wouldn't make business sense to say it was being increased (shouldn't have said anything but SC can't help himself sometimes) and I'm excited about everything that LJ says .....as many have said on here we can't have it both ways and expect good signings and a cheaper ST!

LJ will have a few tricks up his sleeve and I believe will find a couple of gems in his new signings

Ps ....can I change my name to leejohnsonisgod ;-)

For anyone moaning if you look at the price per match it just over £13 for an adult, it isn't very expensive. Of course not everyone has the money upfront but you can use the finance scheme to spread the cost over the season.

You have to look at it from a business viewpoint too. I personally don't think there would be a huge increase in uptake for £200 season tickets to justify a reduction. Losing a few at a frozen price will probably still give us a larger playing budget.

The only way to get lapsed season ticket holders back in my view would be to do something drastic like a £100 season ticket for adults for a limited period.

I actually think £100 would be a worthwhile idea, more people in the ground spending more money, better atmosphere and feeling around the club generally has at least some positive impact on performances, a chance to get people hooked again who have stopped going for various reasons. You take out or at least reduce that sods law chance that the team doesn't turn up whenever there's an offer and we have a decent number of 'floating fans' in the ground. Even if we play badly they already have the ST and will no doubt be back to give it another go and spend a little more money. A lot of lapsed fans would go for it at £100, I think you would comfortably get over 5k season tickets. As (at least to some extent) an 'exile' now, I would go for it at £100. I got to 3 home games in the league this season (about 6 away) and the cup games, so they'd already have made an extra £40 off me and I'd certainly be more encouraged to make the drive if I had an ST probably spending an extra £5 in the ground on each occasion.

We know we have a fan base that can grow to 6k no problem with a bit of success or a fair price - look at the Chris Moore era (purely from an attendance perspective). We should think outside the box a little like other teams have done and try to take advantage of it - those people still exist, they just need a reason to return. If I was currently a season ticket holder £308 wouldn't be a reason to not renew, but it certainly isn't a reason for people to come back.

Perhaps, but the club needs to try to do something different as a one-off to get ADULT bums on seats and boost morale as attendances are falling year on year despite freezes. We'll be down to Bury's crowds soon.

Not if we put a vibrant attacking side out onto the pitch...

The £100 ST idea is OK in theory ie more people in the ground and more people spending cash of pies etc.

But I recall Hudds sold 16,000 STs on a similar deal and after an average start a lot of the "new" supporters stopped turning up for anything other than the big games = reduced additional spend.

Whilst I am happy to renew at the prices quoted. The released video and SC comments show that the club were seriously considering an offer with more of a wow factor - people will always feel dissappointed when they feel they have missed out on something.

http://www.oldhamath...ets-799200.aspx

I'm happy with £13.17 a match. I'll be renewing.

I presume we'll get a voucher for a £20 home shirt. As I won't be buying one, someone can have my voucher!

I would agree had we just won loads of home games. It's quite expensive if Corney isn't planning on throwing any money at the team again and losing half our home matches.

My ST will cost me £183, which I do think is a little steep for people in full-time education but I'm willing to pay it.

On the adult season ticket, it is always going to be a Catch-22 scenario. Cheap ticket means small budget and maybe less competition for higher positions and higher ticket means bigger budget but less fans.

But as we're still waiting to assemble a challenging team I think it's worth keeping ST prices relatively high until we get that good side that entertains and makes it worth the price lapsed fans will pay.

I'm relying on LJ making an exciting team in the near future before all our fans completely give up...it's basically a matter of trust that we will be able to entice fans without making dirt cheap prices. Continue like we have done recently though and we're on that road.

The £100 ST idea is OK in theory ie more people in the ground and more people spending cash of pies etc.

But I recall Hudds sold 16,000 STs on a similar deal and after an average start a lot of the "new" supporters stopped turning up for anything other than the big games = reduced additional spend.

Whilst I am happy to renew at the prices quoted. The released video and SC comments show that the club were seriously considering an offer with more of a wow factor - people will always feel dissappointed when they feel they have missed out on something.

You wouldn't be expecting all of those who buy at £100 to go to all the games. Like they would anyway, a number would pick and choose as they had done anyway but it's very likely they would attend more games and spend more money in that way. Some would go every week and get the bug again, some would hardly go at all and you'd still make a profit. I think the positives out weigh the negatives on this one - certainly long term. As we stand we will continue to stumble along with an ever diminishing fanbase.

I didn't expect anything particularly exciting but I feel we have a real lack of long term vision. I can understand why SC hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, after all he is gambling with his own money and it isn't guaranteed (although highly likely imo) there would be a dramatically increased uptake - but we're approaching a time when we really need to do something or this club will die a very slow death. A lot rests on this new stand being built and being a rousing success.

Just as matter of interest what would you expect to / want to pay for a season ticket in the new stand?

Same as in any other stand...

The product is still as :censored:e whichever angle you're watching it from!!!

Edited by NewBlue

Just as matter of interest what would you expect to / want to pay for a season ticket in the new stand?

Maybe if you buy one this year there is a chance of renewal at the same cost next year, whatever division we're in. If we're doing well near the new year we're then bound to sell a lot of half season tickets.

My ST will cost me £183, which I do think is a little steep for people in full-time education but I'm willing to pay it.

On the adult season ticket, it is always going to be a Catch-22 scenario. Cheap ticket means small budget and maybe less competition for higher positions and higher ticket means bigger budget but less fans.

But as we're still waiting to assemble a challenging team I think it's worth keeping ST prices relatively high until we get that good side that entertains and makes it worth the price lapsed fans will pay.

I'm relying on LJ making an exciting team in the near future before all our fans completely give up...it's basically a matter of trust that we will be able to entice fans without making dirt cheap prices. Continue like we have done recently though and we're on that road.

It's even more expensive for students.

Is my memory playing tricks but has the OAP price dropped? As I thought it was £11 pay on the door and my Dad thinks he paid £199 last year.

I would imagine the new main stand will become the most expensive ST. And rightly so. I'd be very surprised if it isn't the most occupied of all the stands when it's eventually unveiled. If the price is reasonable, I'll certainly be looking to get a ST in there, but I certainly won't mind paying a little more if the standards go up in line with the prices.

How poorly have we managed this?

Is it good the prices are frozen? Yes.

Is it quite cheap for L1 football? Guess so.

Surely everyone should be relieved the prices arent going up. But I'm disappointed. Why? Because the club has failed to manage my expectations.

I didn't come into this expecting anything unreasonable. I merely listened to the noises from the club. In particular Simon Corney who hinted several times at there being a special season ticket announcement.

I don't always go in for Corney bashing but in this instance I think it's warranted. If you can't deliver, don't raise expectations. It's some ability to take something which is fundamentally a positive and make it feel like a negative. Well done Latics.