20 years ago today

Latics beat Aston Villa at Villa park helping to preserve our Premier league status, downside to this Manure confirmed as champions for the first time in a generation . My old mate the late Andy Hall to his dying day reckoned this was Latics darkest hour and would rather have seen us go down than gift wrap the title for Utd. Myself it gave me another season of Premier grounds to go to so I was made up.

16 years old, just about still at school - me and my mate stood on the Holte End. Surreal experience, especially 1st Half when we scored and the proceeded to have a couple cleared off the line and hit the woodwork twice. The tangible relief at the final whistle, was not only that we had won the game, but the fact that we had every chance of actually getting off that terrace alive!

Surreal day, fantastic journey home on Barlow's - we had to win or it was curtains, and although Villa threw everything at us we had chances of our own and deserved the win as Villa ran out of ideas in the 2nd half. Gutted it gave the title to the reds...

Edited by oafcprozac

Got arrested by British Transport Police for leaving the train as it was still moving at Birmingham New Street (it was crawling in for what seemed like ages at about 3mph and it was 2:45pm and I still had to get to Villa Park). These were the days kids, where you could physically push down a window and reach out to open the door.

Got to Villa Park and with no ticket went straight into the home end - the small stand where the cameras were. Tried to get into the away end at half time by feigning tummy ache but a jobsworth steward said I'd either have to go to hospital or leave the ground because they'd be responsible if I collapsed. I sat outside the away end for the remainder of the game and jibbed back home on Barlows.

Had the most enormous greeny spat on the windscreen of the Transit van we travelled in on the motorway slip road outta Brum by some dirty Villa downbeat! the away end was rocking and the arsehole twitching.

I was 9. My dad said a few weeks earlier (may have been a few days as the mind plays tricks) "we are going to villa park, It's the last chance we will get to go to a big ground for a while"

Remember going mental when Henry scored. It being sunny and loads on the pitch at one point.

I was 9. My dad said a few weeks earlier (may have been a few days as the mind plays tricks) "we are going to villa park, It's the last chance we will get to go to a big ground for a while"

Remember going mental when Henry scored. It being sunny and loads on the pitch at one point.

Bloody ten pound season tick...

Sorry, wrong thread.