Pre Season Freindlies

I might be in the minority but I feel, if we are going to go down the same usual boring non league teams for our first few freindlies, why not organize games against the likes of stockport and FC united?? these would at least give us fans something to watch!!

FC United would be an interesting one. Money-Making too i'd guess.

Would be pointless. They play in the division below Stalybridge Celtic who I'm sure would be grateful for our money as would Halifax who would provide a sterner test with the added benefit of not singing about the Glazers.

Dont be daft there would probably be more of them than us.

True no appeal for the Oldham fans not at Bp anyway few would go as its a day out in Bury something myabe 300 or so. Guess its a change from Barrow and Mossley dunno do if i could put up with some of there fans arrogrance. Look at me we follow Non League sameones who use to look down there noses at smaller clubs anyway but no think think there Houllier than thou.

they bring more to away games.. they played newcastle town and took just short of 2000, us being Oldham and them being all ex United fans they will bring a fair few to our ground, i remember when our reserves played them at BP and they brought about 300 and didnt stop singing all game - put the game on at BP would bring money in and a bit of an atmoshpere; a lot better then many other pre season games at BP that are like going to church

Kieran another point of friendlies is testing the players against fairly decent opposition going beating a team 5-0 6-0 at Boundary Park won't benefit them. Be a tougher game at gigg lane. Rather play a SPL team or lower ranked Prem side.

Kieran another point of friendlies is testing the players against fairly decent opposition going beating a team 5-0 6-0 at Boundary Park won't benefit them. Be a tougher game at gigg lane. Rather play a SPL team or lower ranked Prem side.

definitely rather play an SPL team or prem, but if we go down the usual route of local non league teams i dont see the harm in playing two teams with decent support and local!

They won't beat Halifax 5 or 6 nil, in fact they may not beat them at all.