What happened to a bit of back bone at BP? I feel like the club is growing more and more out touch with the fans than it ever has been. There are so many fans quick to use the "my/our club" card when it comes to a sudden change yet we're given very little say in the way things are run or in the decisions the club takes regarding official business. What makes it worse is that it only ever seems to become a materialised issue when it suits us - or just not at all.

I'm aware we have the supporters trust but it seems to act as a small stepping stone into the large pool of football-turned-business :censored:e. There are also those who are more vocal/active with their voice and I applaud them and urge more fans to follow suit. However, it seems over the past few years it's become such a flat point in the spectrum of "supporting Latics."

For example:

• The change of badge which had historically represented the club for many years - fans had no say.
  • The design of the new stand which will be built very soon - fans had little say, those sitting there will get piss wet through whilst the real money will go to those protected behind glass and funky design.
  • The 2013/2014 home kit - the fans had no say, it doesn't apply to Oldham at all in terms of our kit over the past seasons or what we've traditionally had (not the prettiest of things either).
  • The harassment of fans for standing up/drumming at matches from both stewards and the police - fans have no say, the club has not intervened to support the fans as of yet besides a "call for a drummer" even though we've had a designated drummer for the past 3 seasons!!!
  • The possible Vaughan takeover - fans will have little say, although the trust can step into this one, Oldham is now a business and money speaks louder than words if he can prove he can provide financial backing for the future of the club
  • The season ticket "offers" and pricing of tickets - fans have no say, we fork out :censored:loads to watch Latics in return for a discounted 20 quid shirt nobody likes or had a say in & the idea of paying 20 quid to watch a home match is :censored:ing absurd.

I know that there will be those who say "Do you really want the fans to decide?" Yes, I'd much rather have the fans decide. After all, this is our club, if you haven't forgotten. We are the customers, the funders, the spectators and the directors of club's future.

This possible Stephan Vaughan :censored: has really put me in a sour mood with the club, especially after the mentioning of talks which have been going on for "some months". And what a :censored:ing surprise - as a fellow fan mentioned - that all this spills out after the season ticket sales. What a coincidence!

Just like how the club were so kind when it come to the season tickets. Remember how they raised the prices once more for junior fans having blamed the problems of the last few matches on junior ST holders (it was mostly one-day tourists) who are the future of the club? The best part is they made it out as a fair deal too.

It's really starting to remind me of that rodeo bull:censored: thread posted a little while ago. I hope this possible Vaughan thing will change things at Latics. Perhaps people will feel the need to finally say something bad about the club instead of defending it at every corner.

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

Perhaps people will feel the need to finally say something bad about the club instead of defending it at every corner.

Lots of people already do that.

I wouldn't want the fans to be involved in the design of the badge, stand or kit. We'd still end up with something :censored:, but there'd be a :censored:load more arguing.

Football is a business and has been for a long time now, well before the Premier League was even thought of. It's nothing new. If folk are suddenly a bit pissed off with it all they could just go and watch Sunday League football or something.

• The harassment of fans for standing up/drumming at matches from both stewards and the police - fans have no say, the club has not intervened to support the fans as of yet besides a "call for a drummer" even though we've had a designated drummer for the past 3 seasons!!!

It's called the law. You have to be seated in an all seater stadium. Its been around for a good while, and it's really not heard to get your head around. Persistent standing and you'll get yourself into bother. They are the rules and have been for a while.......

The problem with asking fans is they never agree. Everything would be a compromise.

You might like to have a drummer, as might the manager, but there will be hundreds or even thousands of fans that disagree.

I like the new badge, others don't. So there's another compromise.

The kit is blue. For many that's fine, others want it to be more stylish/a different blue/a different pattern/tangerine and blue. Again, no consensus.

The fans would have to own the club to have a meaningful say in these decisions, which seems unlikely. And if it did happen, I dare say those complaints about ticket pricing would be put into perspective.

Lots of people already do that.

I wouldn't want the fans to be involved in the design of the badge, stand or kit. We'd still end up with something :censored:, but there'd be a :censored:load more arguing.

Depends on the level of involvement. Market research is a valuable tool. If you don't cater to your market, how the :censored: can you expect to sell your product? Yes, it's business, but an important part of business is knowing your customer and producing a product that he or she will want to part with their cash for.

The badge, the stand and the kit are all essentially products that the club needs to sell to the fans. I'm not saying the fans should make every decision but the lack of input currently is something that should be addressed, in my opinion.

From what i have seen, read and spoken to Johnson wants to listen to the fans and invovle them more.

Sadly with the kit and badge design some will like it others wont.

Kit design this year has been the biggest balls up.

Last seasons shirt was liked by most and i don't think i've ever seen so many people wearing it at Boundary Park before.

But this seasons, they'll be lucky to sell anything near what they sold of last years.

Kit design this year has been the biggest balls up.

Last seasons shirt was liked by most and i don't think i've ever seen so many people wearing it at Boundary Park before.

But this seasons, they'll be lucky to sell anything near what they sold of last years.

They've already sold loads of them.

The badge, the stand and the kit are all essentially products that the club needs to sell to the fans. I'm not saying the fans should make every decision but the lack of input currently is something that should be addressed, in my opinion.

Ah, :censored: 'em.

What happened to a bit of back bone at BP? I feel like the club is growing more and more out touch with the fans than it ever has been. There are so many fans quick to use the "my/our club" card when it comes to a sudden change yet we're given very little say in the way things are run or in the decisions the club takes regarding official business. What makes it worse is that it only ever seems to become a materialised issue when it suits us - or just not at all.

I'm aware we have the supporters trust but it seems to act as a small stepping stone into the large pool of football-turned-business :censored:e. There are also those who are more vocal/active with their voice and I applaud them and urge more fans to follow suit. However, it seems over the past few years it's become such a flat point in the spectrum of "supporting Latics."

For example:

• The change of badge which had historically represented the club for many years - fans had no say. Design by committee? No thanks
  • The design of the new stand which will be built very soon - fans had little say, those sitting there will get piss wet through whilst the real money will go to those protected behind glass and funky design. If the fans were paying for it, perhaps they could have a say.
  • The 2013/2014 home kit - the fans had no say, it doesn't apply to Oldham at all in terms of our kit over the past seasons or what we've traditionally had (not the prettiest of things either). Do we need a say on something that changes every 2 years?
  • The harassment of fans for standing up/drumming at matches from both stewards and the police - fans have no say, the club has not intervened to support the fans as of yet besides a "call for a drummer" even though we've had a designated drummer for the past 3 seasons!!! We have a say at elections - the cabinet make the law
  • The possible Vaughan takeover - fans will have little say, although the trust can step into this one, Oldham is now a business and money speaks louder than words if he can prove he can provide financial backing for the future of the club what else did you want a say on? you want a chance to make a list of people you don't want? The Krays, Putin, Pinochet?
  • The season ticket "offers" and pricing of tickets - fans have no say, we fork out :censored:loads to watch Latics in return for a discounted 20 quid shirt nobody likes or had a say in & the idea of paying 20 quid to watch a home match is :censored:ing absurd.Hmm - "hey fans do you want a ST for £300 or £100?" er £100 please; "what about matchday prices?" er £5 please. "Do you want big name signings too?" yes please. "Can you do basic maths?" Nope "Do you have a magic money tree" er I think so

I know that there will be those who say "Do you really want the fans to decide?" Yes, I'd much rather have the fans decide. After all, this is our club, if you haven't forgotten. We are the customers, the funders, the spectators and the directors of club's future.

This possible Stephan Vaughan :censored: has really put me in a sour mood with the club, especially after the mentioning of talks which have been going on for "some months". And what a :censored:ing surprise - as a fellow fan mentioned - that all this spills out after the season ticket sales. What a coincidence! this shows what YOU are like

Just like how the club were so kind when it come to the season tickets. Remember how they raised the prices once more for junior fans having blamed the problems of the last few matches on junior ST holders (it was mostly one-day tourists) who are the future of the club? The best part is they made it out as a fair deal too. £50 a season is too much? FFS less than £2.50 a game?

It's really starting to remind me of that rodeo bull:censored: thread posted a little while ago. I hope this possible Vaughan thing will change things at Latics. Perhaps people will feel the need to finally say something bad about the club instead of defending it at every corner.

I want to complain as I didn't get a say in this post, within which you claim to represent my opinion, which you don't.

Does that make you cut from the same cloth?

And why would we want fans "having a say" when for the most part it's knee jerk reactions to half arsed rumours that mean jack all? You've demonstrated, as have others, quite clearly exactly why fans like you should not have a say.

Badge - designed by a fan.

Stand - fan related facilities incorporated in the design.

Kit - with you there.

Harassment of fans - you reap what you sow. I'm not saying that the stewards target effectively, but there's been some :censored:ty behaviour of late.

Vaughan takeover - perhaps fan reaction has already had an impact.

Season tickets - no increase in adult prices for years, influenced in part by "fan on the board". Watching Latics is getting cheaper in real terms. Kids season tickets are a bargain at £50 - don't think otherwise.

If you can mobilise fans to stump up the cash to buy the club, and then appoint competent individuals to run it, you might be able to change things lock, stock and barrel. Stockport fans had a crack at owning their club.

If not, get involved in the Trust. Have a voice and look to influence. But there's little to achieve taking pot shots without suggesting, realistically, how you could improve things.

Edited by opinions4u

They've already sold loads of them.

To regulars that buy the shirt whatever it looks like.

Last seasons kit was seemingly individual that I think alot of people were convinced to buy it who wouldn't normally.

I know i'll be keeping my £40 this year anyway.

To regulars that buy the shirt whatever it looks like.

Last seasons kit was seemingly individual that I think alot of people were convinced to buy it who wouldn't normally.

Do you have any evidence or stats to back up your claims, or are you just basing them on what people on here are posting? Just curious.

I am meeting with Simon when he returns from abroad regarding the Supporters Bar in the new stand. I am hoping that a fans sub-committee can be set up to discuss the furnishing and running of the bar. This was discussed at last nights Trusar Meeting.

Barry

Do you have any evidence or stats to back up your claims, or are you just basing them on what people on here are posting? Just curious.

Purely assumptions based on general opinion.

I could be absolutely wrong and it might be the best seller ever, but personally, i don't think it will.