Fan Ownership

Weren't some of them FA cup sponsors?

No mate, there were sponsors just there for the occasion and tbf I was quite taken aback by just how many were for the occasion, amazing what the cameras do for certain companies! They couldn't take advertisements down quick enough!

No mate, there were sponsors just there for the occasion and tbf I was quite taken aback by just how many were for the occasion, amazing what the cameras do for certain companies! They couldn't take advertisements down quick enough!

Isnt that the point??? Do you think OAFC didnt take advantage and hike up the prices for sponsorship???? They did it for ticket prices...I do not care who sponsors the clubs, I dont care if they do it for 1 game or 50 as long as they do.....why would you tell anyone will to put money into our club to :censored: OFF whether its for 1 game or not we should just be grateful they are.......

Some peoples thoughts on business is scary......OAFC took advantage of every customer that was interested in the Everton and Liverpool game, whether that was a fan or a company, they had a situation and I believe to the benefit of the club next season they took advantage!!

IDIOT

The people behind the firm that was, I think, the match-ball sponsor (I think that's what they sponsored as one of them was in the traditional shot with the officials, the team captains and the mascots) for the Liverpool game often attend other games in the directors/exec box. This is because they are linked via at least one if not two marriages to Zen Office.

If you can get one of the major perks of being a sponsor regularly anyway for "free" why put in more money. It's not as if they are a huge business anyway.

Isnt that the point??? Do you think OAFC didnt take advantage and hike up the prices for sponsorship???? They did it for ticket prices...I do not care who sponsors the clubs, I dont care if they do it for 1 game or 50 as long as they do.....why would you tell anyone will to put money into our club to :censored: OFF whether its for 1 game or not we should just be grateful they are.......

Some peoples thoughts on business is scary......OAFC took advantage of every customer that was interested in the Everton and Liverpool game, whether that was a fan or a company, they had a situation and I believe to the benefit of the club next season they took advantage!!

IDIOT

The importance of a cup game sponsor in the long-term though is minimal.

The importance of someone that is going to sponsor the team over 23 home league games surely has a higher significance to the long-term survival and futurity of the club.

So, in that sense, I do care whether they're here for 1 or 23 home league games.

But you're right in the point that Latics capitalised and probably made some decent money out of sponsorship for the Liverpool and Everton games.

In all the time since Stop The Rot, SAFE, the Moore farce and all the years when from time to time/admin/extinction has never seemed imossible I've heard lots of people saying they'd support a ne "AFC" Oldham or whatever starting from scratch.

I've never seen or heard of a single person who said they would actualy do the work that would involve so I would not be wholly convinced....

What twaddle , EVERY sponsor in the world is there for the occasion !!!!!

Do you think they would fall over themselves at OT if they were in league one getting 4000 gates.

They are there for the exposure they get at what ever the occasion is , hence why they pay the money.

Get in the real world.

The importance of a cup game sponsor in the long-term though is minimal.

The importance of someone that is going to sponsor the team over 23 home league games surely has a higher significance to the long-term survival and futurity of the club.

So, in that sense, I do care whether they're here for 1 or 23 home league games.

But you're right in the point that Latics capitalised and probably made some decent money out of sponsorship for the Liverpool and Everton games.

Without knowing the financials, I suspect the bit in bold is inaccurate. The cost of one-off advertising for the FA Cup games, which were televised to millions of people, may well have been more than some of the usual sponsors pay for the whole season.

Without knowing the financials, I suspect the bit in bold is inaccurate. The cost of one-off advertising for the FA Cup games, which were televised to millions of people, may well have been more than some of the usual sponsors pay for the whole season.

I was mainly talking about actual game sponsors etc.

Rather than the TV boys, but you're correct with that point - although, that will mean nothing to Oldham Athletic in 2-3 years time when the money has gone, unless we had another cup run.