Latics sign Urmson

Re Your customer service, how many of them were when Alan Hardy was at the club? As he was very, very good at responding to supporters questions, comments and complaints.

I've not had any reason to be in touch since he left but my understanding is that the standard of customer service has dropped since he left.

Twice in the season just gone - once about Liverpool tickets, once about a sponsorship issue

Alan was great I agree but I'm going on my recent experience too

I think you already know the answer Pete but in the interests of clarity it was Simon Corney - I had popped into the shop a few days after the season had finished, he just happened to be passing through and I asked him about the change of heart on STs and Shirts his reply was as above.

Edited by oafcprozac

How many times have you emailed ideas, offers of help or had a genuine grievance Pete?

Only then do these issues truly become apparent as we have seen amongst many posters on here...

Don't keep a tally but over the last 52 years , quite a lot.....

The club needs to stop the bull:censored: stories on the website. Get an experienced webmaster in or swallow your pride and allow the people that offered to help to sort the issues.

The club needs to employ a FULL TIME fans liaison officer with the power to take ownership of communication with the fans. Jenny and Barry have too much on their plate to give the position the attention it deserves.

A FLO could be accessible in pubs before games, get out there, meet fans, let them see the public face of the club. Let fans chew the fat, maybe speak to people in town centre pubs before games find out why they don't go/no longer Attend boundary park. Take questionnaires build up a picture of the disaffection instead of trying to guess and assume. Then work on the issues people have.

The issue with the season ticket backtrack could easily have been avoided with a short statement along the lines of 'we were premature with the initial scheme, after taking stock we decided it wasn't financially viable, but we're freezing prices again and there's the bonus of a half price shirt'

Re: the change of kit after only a year. " at a time when all income is important to the club, yes it is a shameless money making ploy, but the £20k or so we generate from shirt sales will go straight into LJs kitty, we hope fans will support our decision" simple instead deafening silence pisses people off.

Make the shop more accessible to fans, open late one night per week it need only be until 630 and needn't open until 12 o'clock on that day.

Sort the programme, offer it in digital format, proof read it properly - check your stats and facts!

Sort LP out people are paying a subscription for nothing.

Push strike it lucky more, and sort the lottery out. Starline was a real success story yet 10 years after its death we're still plodding along with a scheme that generates little interest.

And get on board with Player Share the club should be advertising this more, certainly in the present financial climate it could and should be generating so much more but many outside of our websites know little or nothing about it. I said a couple of years ago an ad should be on the back of match tickets and STs at the very least, update ads in the bogs, the concessions stands etc force home the message at every avenue!

The club seems to have settled on a fan base of 3,500. They don't think the new stand will increase that either, that's a crazy attitude to have. There was so much good feeling during the cup run and so little was done to harness and build on that momentum....

Edited by oafcprozac

The club needs to stop the bull:censored: stories on the website. Get an experienced webmaster in or swallow your pride and allow the people that offered to help to sort the issues.

The club needs to employ a FULL TIME fans liaison officer with the power to take ownership of communication with the fans. Jenny and Barry have too much on their plate to give the position the attention it deserves.

A FLO could be accessible in pubs before games, get out there, meet fans, let them see the public face of the club. Let fans chew the fat, maybe speak to people in town centre pubs before games find out why they don't go/no longer Attend boundary park. Take questionnaires build up a picture of the disaffection instead of trying to guess and assume. Then work on the issues people have.

The issue with the season ticket backtrack could easily have been avoided with a short statement along the lines of 'we were premature with the initial scheme, after taking stock we decided it wasn't financially viable, but we're freezing prices again and there's the bonus of a half price shirt'

Re: the change of kit after only a year. " at a time when all income is important to the club, yes it is a shameless money making ploy, but the £20k or so we generate from shirt sales will go straight into LJs kitty, we hope fans will support our decision" simple instead deafening silence pisses people off.

Make the shop more accessible to fans, open late one night per week it need only be until 630 and needn't open until 12 o'clock on that day.

Sort the programme, offer it in digital format, proof read it properly - check your stats and facts!

Sort LP out people are paying a subscription for nothing.

Push strike it lucky more, and sort the lottery out. Starline was a real success story yet 10 years after its death we're still plodding along with a scheme that generates little interest.

And get on board with Player Share the club should be advertising this more, certainly in the present financial climate it could and should be generating do much more but many outside of our websites no little or nothing about it. I said a couple of years ago an ad should be on the back of match tickets and STs at the very least, update ads in the bogs, the concessions stands etc force home the message at every avenue!

The club seems to have settled on a fan base of 3,500. They don't think the new stand will increase that either, that's a crazy attitude to have. There was so much good feeling during the cup run and do little was done to harness and build on that momentum....

The club is on a tight budget, and you said yourself Jenny and the other one have "too much on their plate". There's a lot in there that could be covered with voluntary work - even running the shop out of office hours, and in these times the slack has to be taken up with the fans and their free time.

Please post underneath in this thread with what you can do and the times you can do it. Cheers.

We've got a database of every fan that buys a ticket from BP, surely we have a fan that can print us some cheap flyers and sponsor a mail hit for Player Share?

Or sod it flood the town with leaflets, I'll happily go out with my kids for a few hours in the Summer Holidays to post distribute leaflets...

Edited by oafcprozac

I'd happily proof read articles for the website and programme no problem at all, as well as checking stats and facts that are often wrong. I'd even offer to write articles if they wanted.

Go and do it then, set an example.

Anyhow, I'll have another go in Pre-Season, and put some sample articles together once the fixtures are known etc….costs them nowt only a few seconds to open a :censored:ing email!

Right, England v Exiles - I'll keep an eye on this thread with interest

Anyhow, I'll have another go in Pre-Season, and put some sample articles together once the fixtures are known etc….costs them nowt only a few seconds to open a :censored:ing email!

Right, England v Exiles - I'll keep an eye on this thread with interest

You do that.

Twice in the season just gone - once about Liverpool tickets, once about a sponsorship issue

Alan was great I agree but I'm going on my recent experience too

Fair enough I was just clarifying, as your cases could easily have been prior to Alan Hardy leaving and its apparently not quite the same standard since.