FL125 Greatest Manager

Royle for me without any doubt. Gave me some unbelievable memories but for younger fans those memories might have happened under Dowie or Shez.

As I don't remember the glory days under Royle, I would have to say the manager that gave me my greatest memories watching us was Dickov...

*cowers for cover...

Frizzell and Big Joe are the reason I'm a latics fan. It was Frizzell's side that got my dad hooked, & Big Joe got me hooked.

My first game was the scarborough game. Still my biggest win...

In 18 months of watching my team, Id been to a cup final, an FA Cup semi (I wasnt allowed at the replay) & seen my team win the league on in the last minute. Your footballing life shouldn't peak at 7 years old should it?!

Jim Frizzell

But I understand why most younger people will vote Joe. I always have to take into account the years Frizzell single handidly ran the club with little or no backroom staff, so poor he had to carry out maintenance on the ground himself, saving us from non league obscurity and not forgetting the years Jimmy gave as a player too.

If ever there was a fund to make a statue of Jimmy outside Boundary park then I would be first to donate.

Edited by Stagger Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Frizzell and Big Joe are the reason I'm a latics fan. It was Frizzell's side that got my dad hooked, & Big Joe got me hooked.

My first game was the scarborough game. Still my biggest win...

In 18 months of watching my team, Id been to a cup final, an FA Cup semi (I wasnt allowed at the replay) & seen my team win the league on in the last minute. Your footballing life shouldn't peak at 7 years old should it?!

You must have been our lucky charm but sadly it did not last.

Having said that my daughter started going around the same period and was

lucky enough to get to those games and Ipswich too

My son who now follows the Latics was born on the 19th December 1987 (City 1 - Latics 2 @ Maine Rd.) has not had too many things to cheer.

Hopefully things will soon change

Back on topic JR and JF are top of my list and in an ideal world soon to be joined by LJ

Edited by another fan

wasnt around when any of then were managers, unfortunately but from stories and clips and books... royle achieved so much success and deserves it for me! although frizzle is my mates grandad so they won't be too happy;)

in my time of supporting, nearly 12 years... Sheridan would be the best but still my vote goes to royle