The clubs great servants

Philliskirk

Urmson

On the playing front, names maybe just a bit short of 'legends':

Gary Kelly

Duxbury

Jobson

Hallworth

I would have Jobson down as legend. He should of played for England if it were not for the FA being anti small club. Philliskirk for dedication and Gordon Lawton also for dedication.

What about someone who's about to clock up 50 years continuous service, unpaid I believe, sorts the local and national press arrangements out and looks after the management teams dealings with them. He teams up with that other long standing servant Gordon Lawton for match commentaries, no matter where in the country it is.

Voluntary work at its best......... ROY BUTTERWORTH take a bow!!!!!!!

Mr and Mrs. Pascoe, who ran Junior Latics for 20+ years.

Anyone in our ticket office/admin staff who has been there for 10 years.

Chaddy (aka Wayne) he does an awful lot for the club locally

I'm not even fit to lick Gordon's boots with the amount that guy had done for this club. Definately between him and Alan Hardy for me. Both absolute gents and both have blue blood in their veins.

I'm not even fit to lick Gordon's boots with the amount that guy had done for this club. Definately between him and Alan Hardy for me. Both absolute gents and both have blue blood in their veins.

I wouldn't like to comment but as Gordon had rightly been nominated as had Alan Hardy and you hadn't I thought you deserved at least an honourable mention.

Alan has red blood on his napkin though

Ogden

Wood

Whittle

Mulvaney

Cranston

Hicks

Mcvitie

Garwood

Shaw

McNeil

Groves

Et al.......

You get my drift, the team that won the Div 3(old money) and got us to the old Div 2

now thats the team i grew up with

So did I... Southport away as a 3 year old (nearly 4 :OASISscarf: ) with mum, dad and grandparents in the Championship winning season 1973/1974.

Servants though:

Big Joe as an employee and as a proud fan

Jimmy Frizzell

Big Gordon

Alan Hardy

Billy Urmson

Andy Ritchie as an employee and as a proud fan

All the lottery/ moonraker scratch card/ programme sellers and turnstile attendants

spring to mind.

I think the Dave Spikey lookalike (Uncle Tony Philliskirk) and Duxbury (player,captain,coach)

One for attracting loads of attention to our little town club Paul Scholes

And one that I think may be for a thread like this in 20 years time oldham a manager in 2033 Billy Quamby

Edited by Oafc1895

Billy Urmson has been listed by others, and when you look at his service, he has to be possibly the greatest of all the Club's servants.

He was Youth Team Coach at BP from 1974. He worked first with Jimmy Frizzell and then for 11 years with Joe Royle and Willie Donachie. At least 30 of his young trainees went on to make a living as full-time professionals, including England international Terry McDermott (who he worked with at Bury), Carl Valentine, Wayne Harrison, Mike Milligan, Nick Henry, Andy Barlow, Paul Bernard and Paul Gerrard. When Nick Henry was manager of Scarborough, he called on Billy’s expertise.

Billy was rewarded with a testimonial against Burnley in 1993. He stood in as Caretaker Manager for 8 games between October and December 2001. He was also Assistant Manager to Stitch, and after being made redundant in 2005, he underwent major surgery before returning to BP as Scout in 2008.