PA announcer

Hi all,

So I've just applied for the the PA job at latics and thought I'd do some research into what Latics fans, like ourselves, like about footy PA announcers

I myself am pretty experienced in public speaking as I have acted on stage etc. I am also a general confident person so I think I'm well suited for the job. So anyway, I thought I'd ask you some questions.

Firstly, what did you like/dislike about Ex-announcers like broady?

What did you think the lad on saturday could improve on? Did you like him? (General consensus of people around me in chaddy end was that he was no good)

Also, what would you like to see in a future announcer?

Also, what advice would you give me for the audition?

Cheers for reading and the comments.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assertiveness, Enthusiam.

What did you think the lad on saturday could improve on? Did you like him? (General consensus of people around me in chaddy end was that he was no good)

Apparently he had too high a voice, hopefully yours is deeper. The lad that did it is the PA announcer at Curzon Ashton.

Not a clue, more clarity maybe.

Be enthusiastic.

Good luck pal.

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

Hi all,

So I've just applied for the the PA job at latics and thought I'd do some research into what Latics fans, like ourselves, like about footy PA announcers

I myself am pretty experienced in public speaking as I have acted on stage etc. I am also a general confident person so I think I'm well suited for the job. So anyway, I thought I'd ask you some questions.

I'd concentrate on what you're good at and not what other's aren't so! If you don't think your natural ability and general vocal capabilities are enough then you'd be better not bothering! If you doubt your abilities then that's enough to suggest you won't be a success. Edited by Traffordtic

I'd concentrate on what you're good at and not what other's aren't so! If you don't think your natural ability and general vocal capabilities are enough then you'd be better not bothering! If you doubt your abilities then that's enough to suggest you won't be a success.

gervais.jpg

Edited by Microcuts

Frankly, I would prefer the PA in the chaddy to be fixed. It has been set far too loud too many times the last few seasons, bleeding ears comes to mind.

The guy yesterday was only 'no good' because of the :censored:e technology he had to work with. I thought he was good, technical issues aside. Before the problems yesterday he was clear and the PA was at a good sound level. We could actually understand what was said, something that hasn't been frequent recently.

I was in the ground from 2.25 and he was fine until 2.45ish when the problems started.

Anyway in summary, the PA needs fixing and has needed fixing for years.

Hi all,

Read all the usual mundane :censored: in a usual mundane stylee but just before kick off, I wanna hear a huge......CUM ON YOU BLUE BASTARDS!!!!!! That'll do for me!

Assertiveness, Enthusiam.

Apparently he had too high a voice, hopefully yours is deeper. The lad that did it is the PA announcer at Curzon Ashton.

Not a clue, more clarity maybe.

Be enthusiastic.

Good luck pal.

Cheers for the advice. He did have a high voice, I thought that myself. He had some issues were out of his controll aswell unfortunately. My voice is much deerper than his, however.

I'd concentrate on what you're good at and not what other's aren't so! If you don't think your natural ability and general vocal capabilities are enough then you'd be better not bothering! If you doubt your abilities then that's enough to suggest you won't be a success.

Thanks mate. I was just researching what people at latics like in a PA in general like I said. A little prep going into it won't hurt

I would love to be the PA announcer got loads of experience of public speaking, primetime tv work the lot but I wouldn't trust myself with not coming out with digs against the opposition team or fans. It makes me laugh when we welcome the opposition players and staff I would feel like asking them if they wouldnt mind bringing some fans with them next time or providing a coach service instead of skate board for travelling fan (mk mongs, leyton Orient). I would be on the pitch before kick off 'smithy' style getting the lads up for it!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Just bring a fresh new approach.

By that I mean get Broady to beat box, you spit some bars over the top, while Jenny Warburton does the Dutty Wine

Certainly origanal. F I get an auditon then ill be sure to squeeze in some sik ryhmes. Cheers.

Read all the usual mundane :censored: in a usual mundane stylee but just before kick off, I wanna hear a huge......CUM ON YOU BLUE BASTARDS!!!!!! That'll do for me!

I'd be sacked before I even got the job!! Minus the basterds you've got yourself a deal.

Latics Eddie live the dream play the match not the occasion you will have a microphone forget the 'get behind your boys' bollox (always seemed a bit catholic church to me anyway) but as a sign off just before KO go for a stadium ZIGGER ZAGGAR! You may also want to change your name.

Latics Eddie live the dream play the match not the occasion you will have a microphone forget the 'get behind your boys' bollox (always seemed a bit catholic church to me anyway) but as a sign off just before KO go for a stadium ZIGGER ZAGGAR! You may also want to change your name.

Cheers for the advice! I like the idea of the Zigger Zagga however I'd run the risk of being shot down instantly to a cry of laughter around BP. If I did get the job, then maybe I'd consider it in the future. Also, in regards to the name change, Depol or my username?

The PA system wasn't switched on in the main stand so I didn't hear any team announcements. surely one of the basics is to sound check the system before you start ?

My main beef with past incumbents was rushing through announcing the away team, not giving time to write down any changes.

Edited by BP1960