PA announcer

I've had a look back over the thread and compiled some notes.

Don't be sarcastic

Be enthusiastic

Be funny

Be assertive

Get the crowd pumped

Check for last minute changes in both squads.

A big "COME ON YOU BLUES!" To kick the game off

Clearly and slowly read HT scores aswell as both teams at kick off

Talk to someone about the volumes of RRE (too quiet) and chaddy end (too loud)

Anyone got anything else for me to add?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broady was a few years above me at school and I've absolutely no reason to think he shouldn't be doing what he's doing (he's reasonably entertaining, good luck to the lad), but I'm sure was an Udders back in the day.

Do we have 5 childhood Latics on the payroll? I doubt it unless maybe the turnstyle team do it for us. Can't be helped (until I manage to fit Joy up for WMD smuggling. City boy).

Don't be sarcastic

Be enthusiastic

Be funny

Be assertive

Get the crowd pumped

Definately this.

Broady is apparently still going to be controlling the music.

Lancy Lad see my post earlier, the numbers did not match the team-sheet or programme. I doubt it was that young lads fault.

His tone and pitch was bloody awfull too though. Sounded like a teenager with attitude.

Know your audience

The majority of the crowd are blue collar males and the women that do go will be the types that like guitar music so keeping a kind of indie rock feel to the music possibly take some requests before the game and during half time. Enthusiam is great but do it in a way that won't get on the nerves of the older generation who maybe stuck in their ways abit. Sounding too cheesy like a kids tv presenter or sounding like a dj in a hip hop club like Tim Westwood would wind people up. Keep a down to earth feel about it and add abit of humour, and aslong as you have a passion for the club people will be happy.

Know your audience

The majority of the crowd are blue collar males and the women that do go will be the types that like guitar music so keeping a kind of indie rock feel to the music possibly take some requests before the game and during half time. Enthusiam is great but do it in a way that won't get on the nerves of the older generation who maybe stuck in their ways abit. Sounding too cheesy like a kids tv presenter or sounding like a dj in a hip hop club like Tim Westwood would wind people up. Keep a down to earth feel about it and add abit of humour, and aslong as you have a passion for the club people will be happy.

Eh?

Dont do what the guy at stockport used to do and repeat every sponsers name twice . ..."thanks to todays match sponsers manchester airport - manchester airport toadys match sponsers" i dont know why that sticks in my head or grates so much but it really used to wind me up... Everybrand corprate sponser got a double mention and it was really annoying..

Huddersfield announcer used to read out nicknames when they came out here "comes Clarkey....and Boom Boom Mcoom - thought that was a bit cheesy to be honest

Don't be sarcastic

Be enthusiastic

Be funny

Be assertive

Get the crowd pumped

As in boxing announce the officials.

Anyone know why Broady has suddenly given it up?

I presume he's busy in the week now, with the spate of new deals, but is that the reason>?

The OS says he is reluctantly having to step down in order to concentrate on his other match-day duties at the club.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130723-pa-937448.aspx

Too loud, not loud enough, is this what football has become? The crowd need to be "pumped", be assertive? :censored: me, is this retail management or division three football? Next you'll be asking for him to announce our players one-by-one as they run on to the field through dry ice, whilst fireworks go off and we sing the national anthem. Sod trying to be funny, it just won't work.

Let the new custodian of of the microphone make his own mark on the job, I bet he's worried sick should he put a foot wrong, don't put too much pressure on him (or her).