The unofficial Dickov / Donny thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanish Marc! Any good?

Not really seen much of him tbh. He got a bad injury flying into a tackle in a friendly in the summer, and didn't return until late November.

Dickov has only played him twice since then (one of those today) and I haven't seen either of those games so can't really judge. Looked good from what I saw in pre-season, but I don't know how much of an indicator that is. Apparently he did well today though.

Edited by donnyred

that's it blame everything on dickov it's the easy way out, the way he was jumping about when smith got that last minute goal against Everton he,ll do for me, good luck dickov

Would that be the same Matt Smith PD never played? PD tried ever so hard. He gave everything in training and is trying to do what we've asked him. He's just not getting the little decisions off the ref but he'll go again and keep trying. You know he's been terrific since he's been here and his attitude is fantastic.

Edited by Lags

I don't hold any grudge against Dickov. Appointing a first-time manager is always a big risk. There's a very real possibility that you're appointing someone who really isn't cut out to be a manager at all. And so it transpired with Dickov.

He failed here but I don't think it was for lack of trying, in spite of what some say about him. He just hasn't got it. I'm still amazed he got the Donny job and it's no surprise at all to see them struggling.

I still think a job in the media beckons.

lags your way too harsh on him I had some good times under dickov

Not at all, I like PD and backed him far longer than most. My post was purely a play on PD's parlance. I think it's fair to say PD's managerial CV to date is not up there!!

I don't hold any grudge against Dickov. Appointing a first-time manager is always a big risk. There's a very real possibility that you're appointing someone who really isn't cut out to be a manager at all. And so it transpired with Dickov.

He failed here but I don't think it was for lack of trying, in spite of what some say about him. He just hasn't got it. I'm still amazed he got the Donny job and it's no surprise at all to see them struggling.

I still think a job in the media beckons.

Agree with you the so called obession some of are fans have got with him wanting to fail is pathetic.Would of liked to have seen him do well although the reality is it was a big ask him going to Doncaster but at the sametime given there budget and compared to other clubs i think most managers would struggle with them. If i had choice in shaking his hand or Dave Penney i happy shake Dickov anyday of the week.

Agree with you the so called obession some of are fans have got with him wanting to fail is pathetic.Would of liked to have seen him do well although the reality is it was a big ask him going to Doncaster but at the sametime given there budget and compared to other clubs i think most managers would struggle with them. If i had choice in shaking his hand or Dave Penney i happy shake Dickov anyday of the week.

I think some fans wanted him to do well at Latics, so they resent any possibility that he could turn his managerial career around at another club.

Genuinely nice bloke. :censored:ing useless manager.