Korey Smith interview

He keeps saying there's nothing to worry about, it's only the 2nd game and we have 3 points out of 6. Now this is all correct, but what he doesn't see is the damage that game did. Fans had come back after all the hype and the 4-3 win at Stevenage expecting goals and a bright attacking team. All they got was a repeat of last season which was why they stopped going in the first place. Some of those fans will say nothing has changed, and that they're not bothering to go again. LJ recognised this, and said after the game that all the good work has been undone, and we will have to work hard again to get them back.

He keeps saying there's nothing to worry about, it's only the 2nd game and we have 3 points out of 6. Now this is all correct, but what he doesn't see is the damage that game did. Fans had come back after all the hype and the 4-3 win at Stevenage expecting goals and a bright attacking team. All they got was a repeat of last season which was why they stopped going in the first place. Some of those fans will say nothing has changed, and that they're not bothering to go again. LJ recognised this, and said after the game that all the good work has been undone, and we will have to work hard again to get them back.

Think you're being a bit dramatic there. As someone who very much picks and chooses his games, Saturday was far better than some of the rubbish in Dickov's last couple of years. 13 shots on goal (albeit most wayward) was far better than much of the last few years and we tried to play the 'right way'. Reaction on here has been slightly OTT.

Do people really go to Latics to be entertained rather than support their team?

Yep. I understand i won't be entertained most of the time. It's league one. As long as there trying to entertain for at least part of the game, I'm happy. Under Dickov an penny to a degree, there was zero entertainment aka trying to win a game. Instead of just not losing. So I stopped going. The result is irrelevant in many ways. It's more the manner of the performance for me. I also get that what I've just said is the complete opposite of what being a supporter means to some. I suspect there is a few like me though.

Think you're being a bit dramatic there. As someone who very much picks and chooses his games, Saturday was far better than some of the rubbish in Dickov's last couple of years. 13 shots on goal (albeit most wayward) was far better than much of the last few years and we tried to play the 'right way'. Reaction on here has been slightly OTT.

It's a fair point. However daft it is, it'll probably take 6/7 good results to get people back. There was a buzz for the first time at BP (in a league match) in a long time.

I wouldn't really expect him to, either. I can't imagine he's fully aware of the recent history of Oldham Athletic.

Imagine it?

Gordon - "So, Korey what are your thoughts on the Walsall defeat"

Korey - "Billy, zoom in please. I'm mortified Gordon. Fans had come back after all the hype and the 4-3 win at Stevenage expecting goals and a bright attacking team. All they got was a repeat of last season which was why they stopped going in the first place. Some of those fans will say nothing has changed, and that they're not bothering to go again."

I know this sounds a bit dramatic but I reckon we lose out on a few hundred per match by having a blanket ban on smoking

I'm one of the pay on the day lot an it's impossible to gauge if it affects attendance as for me ill miss the vale game but will be at the tranmere one whatever the wallsall result was