Playing the ball from defense (rather than HOOOOOFFFF)

First game for me today this season, due to living in Loughborough.

OK, we lost but I didn't come away from the game feeling as down as the last couple of seasons.

A huge difference to the style of play from under previous managers.

What stood out for me is that we played it forward from the back.

Any chance the keeper had to throw or roll it out, he did.

Peterborough, one game plan all game HOOOOFFFFFF it up to the front two.

I haven't seen that for many years from Oldham and to be honest, you don't get many teams in the 1st Div or championship playing like that.

I was impressed with the team and to say Peterborough who can spend 1.5 million on a player are one of the favourites to go up, we matched them but they had the luck today.

The football was good and Grounds and Tarks where great today, playing it out to feet rather than booting it,

It will come, it will just take time.

Overall two lapses in concentration cost us, but still saw enough to think we are heading in the right direction. For me I would start with McDonald next week, (Baxter looks as though he's carrying an injury) as mentioned previously he looked very good at Stevenage, and caused problems today when he came on. I still think this season will be a rollercoaster, but if Peterborough are one of the favourites to go up we more than matched them in parts, and I believe this season has got to be better than recent ones. KTF

Posh weren't spectacular but they showed why they will be up there by winning that game today. However we didn't shame ourselves, some of their fans were praising us on the way out of the ground, which doesn't happen often

A few spoke to us and said 'oldham deserved a point today and being honest, played the better football'

A few spoke to us and said 'oldham deserved a point today and being honest, played the better football'

On the one hand, that's quite heartening.

On the other hand, I :censored:ing hate it when opposition fans are nice about us. It's well better when they're whining and crying and calling us cheats and anti-football scum.

On the one hand, that's quite heartening.

On the other hand, I :censored:ing hate it when opposition fans are nice about us. It's well better when they're whining and crying and calling us cheats and anti-football scum.

Exactly as the first usually means we've lost and the second usually means we've got a result.