Counting a crowd

When Nationwide sponsored the league I sometimes used to get free tickets, as my wife worked for Nationwide. These tickets were for the directors’ area and whilst in the lounge I saw a computer in the corner. It was linked to the turnstiles and the ground broken into the stand areas. Each time someone entered the ground, it incremented the appropriate area by 1 and decremented the number of seats left. I don't know if this was a repeater for one in the police control room or if it was the main display. I assume that it is still done that way.

When Nationwide sponsored the league I sometimes used to get free tickets, as my wife worked for Nationwide. These tickets were for the directors’ area and whilst in the lounge I saw a computer in the corner. It was linked to the turnstiles and the ground broken into the stand areas. Each time someone entered the ground, it incremented the appropriate area by 1 and decremented the number of seats left. I don't know if this was a repeater for one in the police control room or if it was the main display. I assume that it is still done that way.

It keeps tabs on the VAT payable, which Harry Dowd's Green Shirt has explained on here more than once.