Thank you Jose

One thing I would say is he struggled in the 3 games against premier league opposition so very much think championship is his level.

I don't think that's fair to say he struggled.

He created space to unsuccessfully chip the keeper in the Liverpool game. He hit the post at Goodison, again using his ability to create a bit of space, in a moment that could ave tipped that game our way.

Moments where he was a few inches away from looking like a standout player against Premier League opposition.

I don't think that's fair to say he struggled.

He created space to unsuccessfully chip the keeper in the Liverpool game. He hit the post at Goodison, again using his ability to create a bit of space, in a moment that could ave tipped that game our way.

Moments where he was a few inches away from looking like a standout player against Premier League opposition.

I still can't believe that shot at Goodison didn't go in...

Apparently MK dons were after him. Cant see he'd have fancied going there.

From today's "Sheffield Star""

As his name suggests, Baxter’s game fuses English industry with continental creativity. A combination which has left Karl Robinson, who later admitted a draw would have been a more accurate reflection of Saturday’s events, casting envious glances in United’s direction.

“We tried to sign Jose many, many times,” Robinson, who served his coaching apprenticeship at Liverpool’s academy before taking charge of the visitors, said. “We tried to take him across Stanley Park when he was eight or nine because we could see what a talent he was but Everton were able to keep him.

“I tried to sign him when he went to Oldham and I tried to sign him six months after that and finally, most recently, when he came here.

“That’s because I know what a top, top player Jose is.

“He’ll be someone who gets the crowd here off their seats and on their feet applauding. He’ll do many brilliant things and score many, many wonder goals.”

Baxter, aged 21, was being mentioned in the same breath as Wayne Rooney when he became the youngest every player to appear for Everton five years ago.

His decision to leave Merseyside was interpreted by some as a sign of weakness. But for others, Robinson and Weir included, it was a sign of strength.

“I know what Jose sacrificed to go to Oldham because he wanted to play football,” Robinson continued. “And I know that he rejected a new professional contract with Everton because he wanted to be involved and out there on the pitch every single weekend rather than just sit on the bench.

“For me, as a manager, that shows he’s got a wonderful appetite for football. It speaks volumes about his love for the game and about his attitude.

“Jose is a terrific talent and terrific kid.”