• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The penalty was as bad a decision as I've seen for a very long time. We didn't deserve to lose, but didn't do enough to win. Goodison was the best player on the park. Our full backs are decent. Tarky and Grounds let the ball bounce far too much. Does JCH have a football brain?

I think that's the key thing he has to learn, it's ok being powerful but in terms of runs and being in the right place he's a long way off.

Do serious questions need to be asked of Rooney, or is he just not getting the right service? Didn't look interested to me.

Edited by dec666

Should be bread and butter win against a side weakened by suspension and low on overall quality.

Yes but we played them around the park today, couldn't find that cutting edge and lost with the last kick of the game. Not like we were absolutely poor was it?

I'm not sure JCH and Rooney up top together is the answer really. I'd like to see Charlie Mac or Philiskirk play alongside Rooney or JCH and drop slightly deeper. MacDonald is better at dropping deeper and linking things up from what I've seen.

We beat their full backs time and again.

We didn't deliver quality crosses.

True. No one loading the box either or following in for second ball.

JCH needs to practice his simulation. His dives are poor quality.

We'll play worse and win.

Edited by IOWA1984

Yes but we played them around the park today, couldn't find that cutting edge and lost with the last kick of the game. Not like we were absolutely poor was it?

I'm not saying that. I'm saying 3 goals at home one week against a similar side, none this week is not acceptable. cutting edge lacking again at home worries me.

Why was Rodgers brought on?..

I think Rodgers has looked decent, better than Wes from what I've seen so far.

I do think we are back playing with two defencive midfielders again, no creativity in there at all!

Edited by dec666

Also thought Smith was poor in 2nd half, but it is so refreshing to have a midfielder who always wants the ball and isn't afraid to lose it...

We're crying out for a Wellens or Sheridan type alongside him. Did we try even once to open them up through the middle today?

Especially at home against unambitious opposition.

We'll be better away from home or against teams who come and have a go until we get one.

I think Rodgers has looked decent, better than Wes from what I've seen so far.

I do think we are back playing with two defencive midfielders again, no creativity in there at all!

Which is why I begged the question why was Rodgers brought on ?..he hasn't spark of creativity in him.

We're crying out for a Wellens or Sheridan type alongside him. Did we try even once to open them up through the middle today?

Especially at home against unambitious opposition.

We'll be better away from home or against teams who come and have a go until we get one.

You hit the nail on the head Harry, LJ has set up a counter attacking team more suited to away games.

Not once did JCH or Rooney run directly at the 40 year old Goodison and take him for pace, this was either inept forward play or poor pre match briefing.

Edited by BP1960

I actually enjoyed the game today...sorry. I will start drinking now

Exactly. I enjoyed that and soon I too will be opening a nice bottle of tempranillo.

gladiator.jpg

Are you not entertained?

That first half performance was great to watch, we battered them and terrorised their full backs. Sidney knocking the ball one way and then nipping around the player the other is surely what we go to games for?

Free flowing attacking football which looked like it was going to be a matter of how many we were going to get. Sadly we didn't make the breakthrough and despite all our recent changes, typical Laticsed it.

Second half we played all our football in front of them and let them back in it. Debatable penalty decision that led to the 0-1 that we all knew was coming as we hadn't scored when on top.

If we play like we did in the first half again we'll win more than we'll lose, either way, if that type of football isn't what you want to see at BP then I don't know what Johnson, Corney or the players can do to make you happy. More goals would be nice but they will come with playing like that.

Which is why I begged the question why was Rodgers brought on ?..he hasn't spark of creativity in him.

I agree but I think he offers more than Wes and is willing to pass it forwards. We haven't got a creative midfielder in the team.