• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the abysmal referee, the fact we didn't trouble Fon Williams all day is the true story here.

Toothless up top against without doubt one of the worst footballjbg sides we will see this season.

They were absolute :censored: and robbed a victory.

Tranmere were looking for a draw all afternoon.

Both big pen calls right in front of me. Our call could've gone either way. Their penalty was so far from an an actual penalty it's untrue.

Rusnak looks very promising.

Schmeltz is very fun to watch, but needs to realise he doesn't always have to take his man on.

Lanzoni almost flawless for 65 minutes then seemingly lost the will to live.

Robbed, but we needed to finish out chances.

Edited by DTM

If we had been whupped 5-0 at home the previous week , we would in all probability thrashed the following week , and never in a million years would we keep a clean sheet.

The manager should tear the players to pieces for failing to deliver today , totally unacceptable ....and totally predictable.

I was as close as the ref was to that penalty decision. How he could get that so totally wrong without being crooked is beyond me.

As for our wide men, murdered the full backs but lacked any quality in delivery. That said, JCH, Tarky and Rusnak should all have done better with headers.

Maybe wrong but it looked a penalty to me and you've got to ask why he dived at the ball when the Tranmere lad was going no where. They didn't look like scoring at all but in fairness in second half neither did we. 1st half we dominated and got in good positions but final ball let us down, lacked the cutting edge. Lanzoni had a good game and and deserved MOM, Sidney showed moments of class in 1st half but didn't deliver enough good balls in box. Tarky was his solid self. Rusnik looks promising. Rooney was poor aswell as JCH but to be fair they never had decent service. 3 points dropped!

I'm in absolute shock, robbed. Would of been annoyed with a point never mind getting beat. We played well at the back and in midfield but didn't make enough chances and the ones we did make we didn't capitalise. If we carry on performing like that but develop a slight more edge in the final third we will be more than fine this season.

Back 4 superb, especially Lanzoni, he should without doubt replace Brown in the team. Done more today than Brown has done in his Latics career.

Not surprised why Montano didn't start? For me Schmeltz isn't good enough to start because even though he has flair lacks that final ball or that nouse to cut in and have a shot on goal.

Unlucky Latics, didn't deserve to lose. We move and the continuous wins will come!

Ronnie Moore is a massive bellend, I would love nothing more than to kick the living :censored: out of him.

All huff and puff, 40 year old centre back Goodison strolled through the the game, which says a lot about the effectivenes Clarke-Harris and Rooney.

You wouldn't have thought Tranmere had a hard game in midweek which went to extra time as they won most 50/50 balls.

Why was Rodgers brought on?.. and as for the goalkeeper - he doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Good dispays from the back 4 though.

Edited by BP1960

Gutted.

Absolutely robbed there. The definition of smash & grab.

Never in a million years was that a penalty. Ours was though in the 1st half.

JCH should have scored 1st half, so should Rusnak 2nd half with their headers.

We got lots of balls into the box but it just didnt fall for us. We need to work on corners - delivery and movement.

I actually felt the sub of JCH for Rusnak was the wrong one. It isolated Rooney. Young Danny P would have been the one for me.

Decent displays from Lazoni, Schmeltz, Mills and Rooney.

Gutted to lose. Especially to a feckin God-awful Ronnie Moore side.

All huff and puff, 40 year old centre back Goodison strolled through the the game, which says a lot about the effectivenes Clarke-Harris and Rooney.

You wouldn't have though Tranmere had a hard game in midweek which went to extra time as they won most 50/50 balls.

Why was Rodgers brought on?.. and as for the goalkeeper - he doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Good dispays from the back 4 though.

Agree with all of this. Rooney shoud be embarrassed that a 40 year old that played 120 mins on Tuesday didn't break a sweat.

The Italian looks class, didn't really link with Sydney but that's always going to be difficult when even he doesn't know what's he's going to do next

How they took anything from that game is beyond me. They did nothing all game and then Hot Head Oxley strikes again looked a pen to me.

Should have turned them over with in the first 30 mins. Too many overhit crosses, no fight or desire from Rooney. JCH looked like he was running in treacle, Sid looked like a party peice player, how many times do you need to beat a man? Once should be enough.

Defence looked good all game, no danger then that from Oxley. I can't see how we can go on with one keeper. Massive loss. Must win game really. Hope LJ rockets them all.

The penalty was as bad a decision as I've seen for a very long time. We didn't deserve to lose, but didn't do enough to win. Goodison was the best player on the park. Our full backs are decent. Tarky and Grounds let the ball bounce far too much. Does JCH have a football brain?

Also thought Smith was poor in 2nd half, but it is so refreshing to have a midfielder who always wants the ball and isn't afraid to lose it...