Mills

Yes, I would try and extend his loan, definitely. Played really well at full back. Grounds & Tarky to stay in CB for now? Done well for me. Kusunga as back up?

If no Mills then Kusunga to start and Grounds at LB

I've yet to see Kusunga play, apart from some clips on you tube, but I'd like to think LJ signed him and others to improve the team rather than just warm the bench. I think Mills has done well, but if Kusunga is the real deal I'd like to see him partner Tarky with Grounds switching back to left back. That all depends on Kusungas match fitness though.

Mills for me has done really well in his short time at BP. Should LJ extend is loan?, I believe the lad deserves his place.

Mills is definitely a very good player at our level, but maybe the question should be, now that we have defenders we own in all four positions and who all should be good enough foa starting spot, should we be using a loan player, at some point sooner or later, will be going back to his parent club.

Should LJ be keeping the loan deals for emergencies?

Mills is definitely a very good player at our level, but maybe the question should be, now that we have defenders we own in all four positions and who all should be good enough foa starting spot, should we be using a loan player, at some point sooner or later, will be going back to his parent club.

Should LJ be keeping the loan deals for emergencies?

I think the limit on the total number of "emergency" loans any team can have in a season is 9. Mills accounts for 1 of those, but if we extend his loan to the maximum then he still accounts for only 1.

Oxley doesn't count as 1 of those 9 as his loan is season-long.

I think to send Mills back because we want to keep the number of loans for emergencies is a bit silly. To send him back for financial reasons or because we want to use our own players to develop them is not silly. However, Mills has shown enough to suggest that he is better than what we had; likewise Grounds has apparently played well at CB too.

Personally I'd keep him but I wouldn't be too disappointed if we let him go back to Burnley either.

Back 4 for me should be Lanzoni ,Kusunga Tarky and Mills . Contraversial maybe but Mills deffo offers more going forward, and unlike Grounds seems to find a blue shirt more often than not.

Unless Mills is staying for the season I'd rather play our own player.

Edited by HarryBosch

But it isn't

Steady enough at CB but in my view been fairly poor at full back. Mills gives us much more attacking wise, adds a new dynamic to when Grounds is there. I think players can get far too comfortable, when they see nobody is pushing for their place. Just out of interest if Mills were to be signed for the season, who would you pick for LB ? on current form ? Balance of the team ?

Steady enough at CB but in my view been fairly poor at full back. Mills gives us much more attacking wise, adds a new dynamic to when Grounds is there. I think players can get far too comfortable, when they see nobody is pushing for their place. Just out of interest if Mills were to be signed for the season, who would you pick for LB ? on current form ? Balance of the team ?

Grounds

He was our best defender last season and should be even better with better coaching.

While he wasn't quite up to his usual standard In the two games he played at LB he certainly wasn't poor either.

And I think LJ would - he seems to be going for height right across the back four.

Last years LB vs this years CB. I know where I'd put my money (not up my arse before anyone says)

But thats exactly what it says , its last year, we are talking about this years LB vs this years LB. Not saying Grounds is crap just that his peformances in his best position have so far not been great. Looking at last year players were picked because of who they were, not how they were playing. Lots of people on here saying its great to have competition for places , but dont really wanna drop anyone if their form is not up to scratch

Well if we are talking this years LB vs last years LB then I'd have to agree that mills is better. I like mills, if he was our player I'd pick him over grounds. since he isn't out player and now we have a CB I'd move grounds into LB cos we know he can do a job there, and do it well.

Mills is here for such a short time, seems daft to have him first choice over a player we all know can improve.

Grounds in his first 3 games at LB unfortunately didnt manage to hit the heights of last season - where i actually thought he deserved more praise and higher placing in the the likes of POTY results etc.

But that doesn't mean he's suddenly become a poor player who needs replacing by Mills (who granted actually looks a really good LB himself).

With everyone we now can call upon defensively, with everyone fully fit and available - IMO, Grounds is in there. If not at LB, then shoe-horned in at CB. He has to be IMO, as he's one of; if not the best defender we have...

Edited by slystallone