tonights game streaming ?

Just checked First Row and they want me to download a "desktop app".

Just googled this and it's a "Do not download"

"It contains redirects and homepage hijacks, and its a pretty nasty homepage hijacker as well as adware, its difficult to remove. It is NOT safe to install this application."

Pm me if anyone finds a safer site
Edited by laticsrblue

thanks to those who PM'd with suggestions.

All of the suggested sites said I had to download an "update" to watch. I got desperate and did. I scanned the file that I downloaded for adware and viruses, all clear, so I ran it. the programmes install box gave me boxes to untick to not have my home page hijacked and something else that I didn't want so I unticked them but it wouldn't accept an unticked box and refused to continue so I decided to quit it, it wouldn't let me, the X didn't work it just sat there permanently ontop of everything else so I killed the process with the Task Manager.

But even though I didn't fully run the programme it had installed adware junk on my PC that has kept AVG and Malwarebytes very busy. Hopefully it's all gone now.

Edited by laticsrblue

Although the AV and anti-malware programmes got rid of some of the adware it didn't get rid of the pesky highlighted words in say the Chron or OWTB, when hovered over one of these up popped a link to a "toyshop" (never clicked on it so I don't know if it was a toy shop) I also got extra external adds on Amazon pages and at the top bottom and side of google searches. I found that all this were caused by a Firefox extension called LyricsShow 1.126. Once I disabled that extension all the extra crappy adds disappeared.

Maybe LyricsShow is a a bona fide extension that was infected by the malware.

BTW FirstRow would not show me the game without 1st doing an "update, the update message was plastered right in front of the action blocking most of the screen. Similar *updates" were required by VIPbox, nutjob and wiziwig, If you have ever installed anything from these sites I'd run several anti-malware tools to check out your PC and also check your browser's extensions.

Edited by laticsrblue

Use Adblock.

I 'm not fussed about most adverts, so don't want to block them all, just the malware ones that possible lead to a dodgy site and are easy to click on by mistake especially in the case of the ones that seem to be part of say a message in OWTB, it would be easy to click on one thinking it was a link that the poster of the message had intended.

Bet365 said they would show it live but after I registered they said I couldn't watch it as I am in USA...

I tried First Row on my iphone (I was at work) and it started doing all kinds of weird :censored: after I clicked on "play" so I stopped everything and turned my phone off! Hopefully no damage was done but who knows?

Edited by martjs

Bet365 said they would show it live but after I registered they said I couldn't watch it as I am in USA...

Me too, registered with Bet365 on the promise of seeing the game, paid my £5 min deposit but no Latics game, only tennis and some foreign games with one man and his dog watching and I'm in the UK. I got on the live chat to them, but after doing everything they suggested, still no Latics. I asked for my fiver back and got it (the only good part of Tues night)

Edited by laticsrblue