Expats (and non expats)- video highlights

Do most latics expats use Latics player? would anyone be keen on pressing the club to upload the full matches at some point? I don't really care about good editing or commentary. Just want to experience us playing some good football. I know other clubs do or have don this in the past, Charlton was definitely one club that did this.

If the club is allowed to do this I don't think it should be that difficult for them to implement.

I am an Ex_pat :grin: that uses Latics Player to get highlights of the match. In the past I have been able to watch extended highlights of the game on LP, but that has not happened for some years now. I actually go on the oppositions website to view the game as some of the clubs do have extended highlights ie Preston have the extended highlights of the last game.

LP is important to me as it is my window to the club, but for match highlights I would prefer 15 minutes to 5. The full match would be wonderful.

Because of the time difference I cannot always listen to the game on LP, so the highlights are one way for me to get info on the game.

This is an opinion not a complaint, I would rather have LP than have to go back to listening to the BBC world service on short wave radio, as I did many years ago.

Thanks for the comments and its good to see that people would be interested in full match/longer highlights.

I don't really know how we could make this happen or if the club would actually take us seriously, but I was thinking if a few more people were keen we could either put all our names on an email over to the club or all email the club at the same time with the same request. to show there is genuine interest from the fans.

I will do a little research on Latics Player and see if any clubs are currently offering full highlights this season.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

I am an Ex_pat :grin: that uses Latics Player to get highlights of the match. In the past I have been able to watch extended highlights of the game on LP, but that has not happened for some years now. I actually go on the oppositions website to view the game as some of the clubs do have extended highlights ie Preston have the extended highlights of the last game.

LP is important to me as it is my window to the club, but for match highlights I would prefer 15 minutes to 5. The full match would be wonderful.

Because of the time difference I cannot always listen to the game on LP, so the highlights are one way for me to get info on the game.

This is an opinion not a complaint, I would rather have LP than have to go back to listening to the BBC world service on short wave radio, as I did many years ago.

Purely as a matter of interest, how did Preston manage to extend the highlights of their last game in their favour?

Edited by mikeroyboy

I checked a few other clubs Player sites including Charlton who used to give away the full match, but not found any full matches or extended highlights yet. I then got my account suspended for logging in to too many and had to get customer support to reactivate it, so might ask around on a general football forum to see what other clubs are offering. I guess it the clubs might not be allowed to offer full highlights.

However, if there is no legal reason why they cant do it, I see no reason why we can't try and persuade them to upload the games. I expect the excuses to be along the lines of, they don't want to discourage people from going the games, or it takes up too much space, extended highlights is too long. To counteract that I would suggest they could upload the games a few days after, they could upload unedited full games with no commentary, and if it takes up too much space, they could just overwrite the full match highlights every week with the new game.

• 1 month later...

Hey expats, quick update, managed to get through to someone at the Football League and apparently an overseas digital league pass is in development allowing access to longer or full match highlights but sadly not for this season. I guess watch this space, they didnt actually give an indication of exactly when this will be implemented.

Edit to say I think the crappy highlights on offer at the moment from the clubs is due to the current UK rights contract with Sky

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

Would be lost without player, the ideal situation would be live streaming matches with the commentary (realise this will never happen). Would pay for whatever improvements they want to make. Think it was the carlise match were Roy was using the old equipment and you could here the crowd atmosphere coming through,enjoyed that. I'm over for the MK Dons game, looking forward to it.

I had heard about the digital pass some 18 months ago, so they dont appear to be in any real hurry. The quality of player, LOW MED or HIGH is average at best. But I will take average until something better comes along.

Can you write to Dinamo Bucharesti?

That is a bit disheartening then. The response I got was from the Digital Director at the FL and I thought he was being a bit vague in terms of his time scales. All he said was it would not be ready this season! We can always hope I suppose.

If it is true about Sheffield United providing full match highlights then I think the next thing to do is put pressure on OAFC to upload these to Latics Player.