Latics 1-1 Orient post-match reaction thread

Bollocks, when you dominate a game in that manner nothing other than a win is a good result. We need to punish teams at home regardless of how highly placed they are, and Orient were average at best today. I've not seen their other games but on that showing they will not go up.

The argument doesn't hold up... I've watched teams dominate the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United and still lose! I'm gutted we didn't win but anyone would have taken a point today and been happy before kick off... Dominance does not always result in wins... And this season we should know

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The argument doesn't hold up... I've watched teams dominate the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United and still lose! I'm gutted we didn't win but anyone would have taken a point today and been happy before kick off... Dominance does not always result in wins... And this season we should know

I was disappointed today because we played so well, I don't say before a game "I'll take a point etc..." because you don't know how you're going to play on the day. If we'd have played bad then I would have been happy with today's result.

I was disappointed today because we played so well, I don't say before a game "I'll take a point etc..." because you don't know how you're going to play on the day. If we'd have played bad then I would have been happy with today's result.

And neither did I - I was convinced we were going to lose ha

No - 'anyone' wouldn't have taken a point before kick off. I wouldn't. I said before the game this would happen, that we'd draw & people would be jizzing over the fact we took a point off top of the league! Boringly predictable.

No - 'anyone' wouldn't have taken a point before kick off. I wouldn't. I said before the game this would happen, that we'd draw & people would be jizzing over the fact we took a point off top of the league! Boringly predictable.

On paper a good result but after how average Orient were today a very poor one.

The day I "jizz" over any football game is the day we win the Champions League nothing more and even then I'll have to be single... I said I was gutted we didn't win was just making the point that dominating the play doesn't always bring 3 pts :)

The day I "jizz" over any football game is the day we win the Champions League nothing more and even then I'll have to be single... I said I was gutted we didn't win was just making the point that dominating the play doesn't always bring 3 pts :)

And I never said it did, I said, the fact that we dominated the game means I'm pissed off that we didn't win it. Not happy clapping about getting a point just because they were top when we happened to play them.

Edited by mcgoo_84

And I never said it did, I said, the fact that we dominated the game means I'm pissed off that we didn't win it. Not happy clapping about getting. A point just because they were top when we happened to play them.

As am I - you seem to be looking for an argument where there isn't one, I walked out of that ground as pissed as anyone, alright not everyone but a lot would have taken a point before. I expected a hiding if I'm honest so not really happy clapping

I never said I wasn't happy with how we played, I think we played well for the most part. What I'm not happy with is this nonsense that because they were top of the league we should be delighted that we took a point from them, without looking at how the game itself panned out.

I'm disappointed that given the way the game went & the fact that we had the better, clearer cut chances that we didn't win.

Is that unreasonable? Or should I just be grateful that the mighty O's allowed us to take a point from them?

I do see where your coming from. It's both pleasing and frustrating. Thought the back four played really well- yet don't keep a clean sheet. . Macdonald worked his bollocks off an could have had a hat trick- yet he bags one. We dominate an boss the game- yet only come away with a draw.

Are we always just unlucky, or are we a bit naive? Probably a bit of both. In the end you just have to hope we learn from our mistakes. That includes LJ as well.

It hasn't. Sorry. I tried to put one of those stupid smiley things on the end but my crap phone wouldn't allow it. No offence intended.[/quot

No worries, none taken, just remember not to ring me if you ever get wrongly arrested if that's your view :-)

Saw the Orient goal on FLS. Absolutely no excuses for the officials. Even if they didn't think he touched the ball (which he clearly did) how can they say he wasn't interfering with play?

Absolutely. We had that very same discussion at the time, whether he touched it or not, he ran right into Oxley's line of vision therefore had a direct impact on any decision Oxley had to make, therefore, had to be given offside! But, you hey those bits of luck when you're at the top don't you?!

I thought we did OK today but that's all....they started slowly and were happy to surrender the possession in the first half but second half especially after the equaliser Orient were the team more likely to take the 3 points.

I am glad they didn't start with Batt and the team they had in the last quarter as I reckon we'd have lost.

I reckon Slade realised we were there for the taking after the equaliser and whilst we should be winning more of our home games I was happy with a point in the end.

I think year after year of struggle has created the situation where lots of fans are just happy the club exists & expectations are getting less and less.

This version of Oldham Athletic are capable of playing good football and dominating possession .......for an hour or so.

We don't however finish games strongly in my opinion , yet I thought fitness was an issue that was going to be dealt with.

Eventually there will be a thumping of the opposition , but for the life of me I cannot see the team banging in 3 or 4 wins on the bounce to climb the table.

Team performance level varies greatly from game to game , but inability to keep a clean sheet does not.

I thought we did OK today but that's all....they started slowly and were happy to surrender the possession in the first half but second half especially after the equaliser Orient were the team more likely to take the 3 points.

I am glad they didn't start with Batt and the team they had in the last quarter as I reckon we'd have lost.

I reckon Slade realised we were there for the taking after the equaliser and whilst we should be winning more of our home games I was happy with a point in the end.

I dont think they would start with Batt, he would be done for by half time, reckon Slade had it right using him as an impact sub when the opposition are starting to tire.

The frustration is that for many, many seasons we've possessed a team with one, maybe two, notable players who have the quality and then the rest of the team were making up the numbers. It showed in our possession and goal attempt stats.

This season we have quality, potential and pace where needed and it's showing in our possession stats and attempts on goal. However, those attempts are not converting into goals and whilst we are exciting going forward, we're leaking goals at the back and losing or drawing when we should be winning with the attempts. Look at the Preston game when it kicked us in the nuts and the Stevenage game when luckily it paid off.

I'm a very patient person with the new manager and his new team because I know we have it to be a major success in the league this season so not quite as dismissive as some of the other fans. However I can see why fans are getting really frustrated because the promise evaporates into disappointment in too many games.

It'll click and the way it will click is from the training ground, coaching and total focus and dedication to what LJ is obviously trying to deliver on the pitch.

I just hope it doesn't click too late and we finish just above relegation because this would be a totally wasted season but perhaps a season too soon and next season should we avoid the bottom four and the players remain together, remain fit and gel them next season may be the one.

Edited by Midsblue

Lol, you know how :censored: we are when we're happy to take a point at home against Leyton Orient.

This is pretty grim stuff.

Exactly, Leyton Orient, club similar in size & stature to ourselves, no doubt similar budgets too yet just because they've had a decent start to the season our fans appear to be in awe of them, it's an embarrassing attitude.