Latics 1-1 Orient post-match reaction thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard earned point, but we should've buried the game and had the chances to do so. Victims of our own piss poor luck, bad decisions and that 15-20 minute period at the end of every game where we let apathy overcome desire.

Wesolowski was incredible today.

Bossed the 1st half and looked inpressive.

Faded 2nd and let them back in it.

Frustrating that yet another shocking decision from the officials costs us another conceeded goal, but the defending leading up to it wasn't good enough really.

Wes was MoM by a mile for me. Cracking individual performance; even if he did inexplicably head it off the line - for them.

Special mention too for young Carl who did very well at RB when thrown on.

Yet again, unfortunately, Rooney was woeful when he came on. His form concerns me.

All in all, if offered, you'd take a point against the league leaders right? Seems about the fair result on the balance of play i'd say.

No luck again, against a less competitive team I can see as big win.

I agree with Sly, Rooney was poor and surely Clarke-Harris deserved to be on rather than him.

Montano also looked weak, probably nowhere near match fit.

Edited by BP1960

Bossed the 1st half and looked inpressive.

Faded 2nd and let them back in it.

Frustrating that yet another shocking decision from the officials costs us another conceeded goal, but the defending leading up to it wasn't good enough really.

Wes was MoM by a mile for me. Cracking individual performance; even if he did inexplicably head it off the line - for them.

Special mention too for young Carl who did very well at RB when thrown on.

Yet again, unfortunately, Rooney was woeful when he came on. His form concerns me.

All in all, if offered, you'd take a point against the league leaders right? Seems about the fair result on the balance of play i'd say.

Spot on for me sly. We should have smashed them and easily created enough chances.

I though Montano was awful and looked very Sunday league!

What was Slade's problem and why did he want to intimidate the whole of the Main stand when they equalised?

Played well against an organised Orient.

Didn't realise the lad in the middle got a touch on the goal for them, so we wuz robbed. Apparently.

Charlie took his goal well. And hit another post.

I thought we dominated for 65 minutes and their goal was definetely offside, although we should never have let Lisbie shoot from there and need to get a challenge in sooner!

Overall, can't argue with what was in the main a good performance against a physical top of the league side!

Rooney was poor when he came on, I agree. For me JCH would have been the better option in this game, but it's a bit harsh on Montano, yes he wasn't very good but he isn't match fit at all and just had an operation, he'll be fine with some more minutes under his belt. Would keep the team as it is for me though! Wes MOM

Rooney was poor when he came on, I agree. For me JCH would have been the better option in this game, but it's a bit harsh on Montano, yes he wasn't very good but he isn't match fit at all and just had an operation, he'll be fine with some more minutes under his belt. Would keep the team as it is for me though! Wes MOM

He shouldn't be on the pitch if he isn't fit enough, he needs to be honest if he isn't up to giving 100%(it's a 2 way thing).

For the record I think he is a very good player, when he wants to be!

No luck again, against a less competitive team I can see as big win.

I agree with Sly, Rooney was poor and surely Clarke-Harris deserved to be on rather than him.

Montano also looked weak, probably nowhere near match fit.

Smith and Wes played well together didn't they? Getting stuck in the tackle, bringing it forward, out to the wingers, in the channels...

Special mention for Winchester as well who I thought was excellent.

What happened for their goal? Did Batt knock it in? I thought he'd gone on a cracking run and Lisbie had scored and couldn't work out from the Chaddy what the complaint was at the time.

Our midfield looked a lot more solid today, Wes gave a performance which bodes well for the future. Piss poor decision by the lino, looked to be going wide until the lad in the offside position got a touch on it, after their goal we went off the boil, but I would have took a point before the game. Thought they would have brought a few more, if we were top of the league we would be taking 1000 to their place.

What happened for their goal? Did Batt knock it in? I thought he'd gone on a cracking run and Lisbie had scored and couldn't work out from the Chaddy what the complaint was at the time.

I was in the RRE and thought Lisbie's effort had gone straight in.

If Batt got the touch, as the press seem to think, it's likely he was offside. Hey ho.

Spot on for me sly. We should have smashed them and easily created enough chances.

I though Montano was awful and looked very Sunday league!

What was Slade's problem and why did he want to intimidate the whole of the Main stand when they equalised?

Not sure about slade always found him as a nice bloke have a laugh and joke but that was out of order just like Ronnie moore for me no need for it slade you wont be anywhere near promotion by the end of the season so make the most of it

Wes man of the match for me, was it his head that deflect what would have been our second goal.

Close second was mills, he looks comfy on the wing too, so another option.

Don't know what went on for their equaliser. Anyone else know what happened. Oxley didn't even attempt to save it, other than that he made some decent saves.

I said I'd take a point today so happy with that.

Still some work to be done though

Hard to fault the players today. First half awesome. Ran the league leaders a merry dance and should have had 3 and sadly thats cost us that we havent put our chances away.

They came more into it 2nd half. We tierd a bit but they didnt really create anything clear cut untill bat touched in the other guys shot. definatly offside although our defending was poor in the first place

I thought Kusunga had a good game. Mills excellent but i think Wes should have been MOM.

Rooney a concern the guy cant jump - and once DP went off we struggled to hold the ball. If Rooney plays he needs to be with DP or JCH

Our luck has to change there werent any obvious silly errors today sooner or later someone is getting bounced - lets hope its soon

DIdnt think much off Orient physcial and thats about it - hard to see why they have been so succesful

It took a flick of the feet of the lad in the middle. I was bang in line with the shot (which was going wide)

Poor decision and also bad luck as the guy had no idea he was flicking it In...think he was attempting to get out the way

Thanks, know Oxley went racing over to the linesman and indicated that it touched someone's thigh

DIdnt think much off Orient physcial and thats about it - hard to see why they have been so succesful

same team for first eight games may have something to do with it pretty much a settled side who were together tail end of last season as well everybody knows there job etc

compare and contrast with us chopping and changing tho not always managers choice