JPT. Notts County home

Theres no revolution going on. Johnson is a conman. I see that he turned yet another interview into a story about himself, after the Preston match. Saying that he was going to buy Latics fans a pint each. Liar.

What you didn't get one? I feel silly now for feeling agrieved... I got a tuborg instead of a becks vier!

If that was one of the only times he'd turned an interview into something about himself, instead of something positive about the team/club, I wouldn't mind so much. But it's happened on a weekly basis since thd start of the season. Check-out all of his pre-match interviews this season and almost every time he ends-up talking about himself, his dad or the rest of his family. He even mentioned his daughter one week. The man is an ego-maniac of the highest order who continues to continuously talk about himself and cons the fans on a weekly basis.

There is no polite way to put this. You post some of the most incredible bollocks I have ever read. After every game, LJ comments on how the team has played, whether it be good or bad,often mentioning individual performances.

In the interview after the Preston game, he spent well over 3 minutes praising the team in general and players individually without a mention of himself.

The comment about buying fans a pint was a touch of humour. You know, the sort of thing that makes people smile. He said would have liked to have done because of the fantastic support. Joking, yes a funny comment again, he said that as there were nearly 900 there he'd wait until a cold night in January when there'd be less of them.

The reference to himself and his family was simply based on the fact that he was a happy man and has 10 days before the next game without a weekend of match football.

How you translate that into the pile of bilge you have just typed, I fail to understand. Are you trying to tell us that he cons 4,000 fans every week? Come on. Unless LJ has upset you personally, face to face, I can't take a word of this seriously.

Grow up and act your age. Unless, of course, you already are. Or, you don't understand humour and take everything literally and at face value.

Plus, I'm not sure if you've spotted this, but the thread is about us playing Notts County in the paint pot. Now, you've managed to highjack it and turn it into a Johnson bashing thread. If anyone could be accused of being egotistical ...

Edited by Bristolatic

If we were flying high towards the top of the league, I wouldn't be that bothered about his egotistical nature. But we're not. We're nowhere near it and we never will be while he's the manager.

:laught16: Sorry, but this is all a joke, right? Now, would you like to comment on our forthcoming JPT tie against Notts County, because that is what this thread is supposed to be about.

Theres no revolution going on. Johnson is a conman. I see that he turned yet another interview into a story about himself, after the Preston match. Saying that he was going to buy Latics fans a pint each. Liar.

A certain Mr Ferguson used to do that all the time. Especially when a player made a mistake that may have earnt them a bashing. It took the focus away from the player and onto him. Worked every time.

Seems to have worked here too ........

Nothing wrong with doing it to protect players and/or to endear himself to fans. Sign of a good manager imo

All part of LJ's 2 year plan ,

Year one finish mid table and maybe flirt with the playoffs at some stage , also win the JPT and a good day out at Wembley.

Year 2 - sign a couple of decent players with JPT money that SC has promised him and go for promotion.

LJ either ends up with a big extended contract at BP or he moves up to a top championship club in his next step up.

Enjoy the ride !!!!!!!!!

With the teams left Wembley looks as achievable as two seasons ago. I would love us to get their for the fans who were too young(or not even born) to recall going to Wembley to watch Oldham ......let's hope it doesn't end in tears again.

If we do make the final, and I know it's a big if, it'll end in tears for me i've no doubt. Numerous other father's with young families (and wives like mine) may find themselves in the same boat.

According to the JPT website the final is on Mother's Day! Aaaaaaaarrghhh....

I listened to 17 Girls in a Row this morning. Thought you might like to know.

Ha ha, spooky. I've got Balls Out blaring away in the kitchen while i'm tackling my mountain of ironing, not very rock 'n' roll I know. I PM'd Pukka about an hour ago to let him know that they're back in Manchester on Sunday 16th March, 2014. They're playing at The Apollo and tickets go on sale at 9am tomorrow. Unbelievably good live if you're doing nowt else.

PS. Eatin' Aint Cheatin'...