not played well?

On the way out of the gates overheard a conversation between three or four lads whose general opinion was we didnt play well but still got the result. For me we changed our style today. Less of the attractive football but that was intentional to play agressive hustling football not giving swindon a chance on the ball they looked pressured and harried everytime they were in possession and i think latics deserve credit for that. Tactics were implemented exceptionally well today and everyman to a tee did his bit.

I would say we wouldnt have won that playing the usual attractive football we have seen this season.

Different style of play, but to say we didnt play well for me is an insult. Well done latics

The pressure, start to finish from the front men all the way back to the defence was SENSATIONAL. You put pressure on teams, you win games. Get in their face and make them panic. Hard work will pay off and buzzing with that result I honestly thought we'd get stuffed for some reason today and really wasn't looking forward too it at all. Bring on county won't be there due to work so hope we can get 3 points away at bottom of the league then off to bristol next week bring it on!

Edited by Aaron Howarth

Played as if it was a cup game and my god I enjoyed it. That is the LJ blueprint IMO. To say we changed our style is a little strange for me, yes they harried, yes they mixed it up at times and played a little direct, but for me some of the passing football particularly down the right and through the middle was sensational. Paul Dickov's woeful coaching of Carl Winchester might have put his career back 3 years, but so glad he proved today he has outstanding 'pure' footballing ability. Comfortable with the ball at his feet (well his right peg!) and linked brilliantly with Danny P, for me this was his best performance in a blue shirt and has been so long overdue. Well done LJ for giving the lad his chance (he promised us that in the first meeting) and onwards and upwards.

P.S. Please give JCH a run of games LJ!

Today was all about character, not just responding to our defeat on Tuesday but coming from a goal down. We've seen performances like today many times before and come away with nothing.

We were 1 up when Tarky's own goal went in...

I thought that was the best i've seen us play - in terms of the tempo and the pressing.

For me, we've offered more going forward in other games; but - as a whole team, the tempo and thre high press were executed so, so well today.

We deserved that this afternoon, we really did...

I don't know what some of our fans want. I honestly think they get perverse pleasure out of seeing us perform badly.

There was a total moron in the main stand lower who had a go at Carl Winchester every time he got the ball and tried arguing at half time that he was having a bad game.

Winchester, Smith, Wes, Tarky or Philiskirk could all have had the man of the match, there were some good performances out there. At times we moved the ball really well, created spaces and opportunities, we've played better in spells this season and not got the points so it is good to see us picking up the win.

If the Oxley spill is the one I'm thinking of, I thought it could have been a free kick, looked like the player took it out of his hands.

Yes tarkey misses next match thought we deserved it today against a good side in this division I will hold my hands up and say Winchester is starting to look the part at fullback and could make the position his own with performances like that the only downside for me was Millar today got shoved of the ball to easy ,after last weeks game was looking forward to watching him again with Rooney . But will settle for back to back wins onward and upward

Pleased with the performance of everyone bar Oxley.... Nearly gifted them two goals (one fumble and another when he yet again failed to claim a high ball) and the one time he should have been on his line (to catch Tarky's deflection), he wasn't. Rachubka on Tuesday please

But he didn't! So why not just go the extra mile and say he could have done more for the own goal unmm?

First half we were very structured, which was great to see with Wes and Smith closing everyone down, limiting their passing to the back 4 but we lacked a bit of attacking urgency. However, when Philliskirk and Winchester found a good partnership they really caused havoc on that side of the pitch. Winchester really was fantastic. Yes, he made a few loose passes but he really pushed us forward and grabbed the game by the balls. Never thought I'd say Wnchester was our talisman, but he really was today.

Second half the game spread a bit and we should've scored more goals, missing a lot of very good chances. We looked so much more threatening when Wes and Smith made their way forward and Dayton came central with runs off the striker.

Structure and creativity, that's the key to success really.

We were 1 up when Tarky's own goal went in...

I thought that was the best i've seen us play - in terms of the tempo and the pressing.

For me, we've offered more going forward in other games; but - as a whole team, the tempo and thre high press were executed so, so well today.

We deserved that this afternoon, we really did...

Sorry that was a complete fail by me, consider it edited.

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Very professional performance. Thought Swindon were very poor. It's a while since I've seen an away side offer so little going forward- but you can only beat what is front of you.

Positives

Rooney- his best game since vale. Actually put himself about!! An lead the line very well. He CAN do it, would like to see it on a far more regular basis.

Winchester- just outstanding

Negatives.

Dayton. Just don't know what he offers. Yet again had so little impact. Powderpuff. Sid was so much more direct when he came on( we'll not talk about 'the attempt' on an open goal.

On a side note- watching LJ's reactions to referee made me piss. The guy is gonna burst a blood vessel.

Im in main stand lower...I was having a dig at Winchester (not barracking) he was tentative going forward making the run forward then stopping and playing an easy ball back or just sideways...the lads got potential and I really want him to do well....2 minutes later he bursts forward and smacked the goal in....thats what he should be doing having the confidence to run at players....that will give him massive confidence.

He must have heard me!!

Not taking the credit though