Steve Eyre

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Compiling an impressive dossier on each of our players was what got Lee Johnson the job wasn't it? So we've already got a coach like that at BP.

I don't know if he'd improve us or not but I would guess there isn't a great deal left in the budget for extra coaches, if there is I'd rather it go into the defence where we're struggling with a lack of numbers.

Edited by nzlatic

Superb summerising on BBC Radio Manchester, knew the strengths and weaknesses of each team and every individual.

Pinpointed exactly what was required during the game, this is the man we need as coach at BP.

I might be wrong, but do you mean the same Steve Eyre who didnt know his arsehole from his elbow when managing a fellow NW side in this same division?

Hmmm...

Compiling an impressive dossier on each of our players was what got Lee Johnson the job wasn't it? So we've already got a coach like that at BP.

I don't know if he'd improve us or not but I would guess there isn't a great deal left in the budget for extra coaches, if there is I'd rather it go into the defence where we're struggling with a lack of numbers.

A dossier is something anyone can do (Iv'e done it myself) you can tell Steve Eyre knows what he's talking about and it's about the nitty gritty not theories.

A dossier is something anyone can do (Iv'e done it myself) you can tell Steve Eyre knows what he's talking about and it's about the nitty gritty not theories.

So you've read the dossier then to know its full of theories that anyone could do?

I might be wrong, but do you mean the same Steve Eyre who didnt know his arsehole from his elbow when mverging a fellow NW side in this same division?

Hmmm...

Dare I say you may be wrong on this Sly, Dale supporters will tell you he was going the right way, but had to rely on a lot of loanee kids, they felt in time he would have made a very good manager.

To be fair, Eyre's analysis and understanding of tonight's game was excellent.

How good he'd be as a manager, assistant or coach I don't know. But his insight to Latics' strengths and weaknesses was undeniable and he's a better broadcaster than most of the :censored: that turns up on TV and radio.

Never given a chance as I said earlier.

So, in the same boat as Johnson then?

Give him (LJ) the same chance as you're saying Eyre needed at 'Dale. Oh, and Eyre did have the much vaunted Assistant alongside him, our very own Frank Bunn. Did him no good either...

Rome not built in a day and all that.

Edited by slystallone

So, in the same boat as Johnson then?

Give him (LJ) the same chance as you're saying Eyre needed at 'Dale. Oh, and Eyre did have the much vaunted Assistant alongside him, our very own Frank Bunn. Did him no good either...

Rome not built in a day and all that.

No Sly, get them both together, LJ is full of enthusiasm and theories wheres Eyre is more down to earth and would tell him some home truths.

Don't ask me what I think about the current coaches (TP excepted).

BP haven't you said he needs Dale fans I know experienced assistant? & all the Dale fans I know couldn't wait for him to be sacked...

He's older than LJ, and knows the game inside out.

It's not what I heard from Dale fans I know, they thought he was on the right track.

I don't want LJ to go and feel Steve Eyre would be an ideal foil for him.

Edited by BP1960

This "he needs an experienced assistant" just doesn't wash with me. At all

And a failed manager from a local side in this same division wouldn't be top of my priority list even if i thought it would serve any purpose.

With LJ, backed by Paul Murray, Mimms, Steele & TP; well, we look well stocked to me.

Hard to agree when Paul Murray ate your hamster i know, but still...

This "he needs an experienced assistant" just doesn't wash with me. At all

And a failed manager from a local side in this same division wouldn't be top of my priority list even if i thought it would serve any purpose.

With LJ, backed by Paul Murray, Mimms, Steele & TP; well, we look well stocked to me.

Hard to agree when Paul Murray ate your hamster i know, but still...

Has Mimms improved Oxley ?...who if he goes any further back will be sitting in the seats behind the goal.

First team goalkeeping coaches - a waste of money IMO, a fad that has somehow crept into the game.

I admit I'm a dinosaur (we are not all extinct yet). :wink:

Edited by BP1960

you cant expect him to become world class in 14 games or however many it is, i think his shot stopping looks very good, he is a bit hesitant on crosses and does make mistakes but you need to judge over the course of a season IMO

He's hardly progressed, in fact looks worse than when he came.