• Dayton
    • Rodgers
    • Philliskirk
    • Clarke-Harris
    • Montano
    • Schmeltz
    • Bove
    • Brown

I voted Philliskirk. This is one of those matches where, despite doing more things 'wrong', (i.e. losing the ball a couple of times, maybe misplacing a pass) Philliskirk gets my vote over Smith - who also had an excellent game - because he influenced the game much more. I thought his work in bringing others into the play last night was really fantastic, not to mention he managed two goals (though should have had three!).

What did Danny Philliskirk do wrong?

nothing, but Smith impresses me every time I see him. The amount of times he got the ball in a tight space, turned his man and passed the ball forward was as good as any League One or Championship player. Still amazes me how we've got him for 2 years.

I voted Philliskirk, but honourable mentions for Rodgers and JCH, and dare I say it even Dayton! Rare off day for Grounds, I'm glad that happened in the cup against a poor side rather than the league

I also voted Philliskirk bug agree Dayton deserves a mention. He was involved in a lot of our forward play and took his goal well. Good performance.

Edited by bossrocks

nothing, but Smith impresses me every time I see him. The amount of times he got the ball in a tight space, turned his man and passed the ball forward was as good as any League One or Championship player. Still amazes me how we've got him for 2 years.

Smith oozes quality every time I see him! Too good for League 1, totally agree but DP was superb too yesterday and just shaded it.