Right back position...

Why? Mills has gone back so we need someone at LB and we've got a natural CB replacement for Kusunga in Lanzoni.

I like Lanzoni and I'm not a fan of Mellor at LB, but I think the key at the moment is keeping things settled. So Tarky and Grounds should stay as the CB pairing. After that Lanzoni at RB and Mellor at LB seems the most logical thing to do.

I like Lanzoni and I'm not a fan of Mellor at LB, but I think the key at the moment is keeping things settled. So Tarky and Grounds should stay as the CB pairing. After that Lanzoni at RB and Mellor at LB seems the most logical thing to do.

Whatever Johnson decides to do half of the back line will have to be changed for the Shrewsbury game unless he goes through with appealing Kusungas red card and it gets overturned but that looks unlikely.

I think Mellor is our weakest option defensively and the defence wouldn't be as balanced if it was Lanzoni-Tarky-Grounds-Mellor due to 3 of them being out position. Mellor can fill in at CB/LB for a game or two if needed to, but put him there for several games then opposite teams target him which he struggles to deal with as we saw last time he had several games at LB under Dickov which almost ruined his career with us.

If Johnson does believe Winchester will be a RB in the future then it's time for him to be given his chance for an extended run of games.

Lanzoni in at RB, assuming all is OK with his return to fitness after injury.

If he's not quite ready, Carl Winchester comes in for a game or 2 until he is.

When everyone is fully fit - Lanzoni is easily the better bet of them all, so if he's anywhere near fitness; he's in IMO.

Connor Brown has had an injury set-back and so wont be figuring...

Totally agree with all of that! Lanzoni to play right back, Mellor not so good but can handle that LB position.

Overall I like Smith in midfield, most of all!