Brentford

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i hear or see another 'we didn't deserve that' type of post i'll scream.

This team is going nowhere,i alluded to this the other night and was carpeted for it,i confidently predicted a defeat today and a dfeat tuesday.

Anyone want to bet against me?

Toothless,lightweight,and he played a lone striker AGAIN,can someone have a word with him please it doesn't work!!!

It's taken me a while to get round to this because, basically, the OP isn't worth wasting much time on. Then I thought I'd like to ask rigsby a question. "Were you actually at Brentford?" If not how can you base an opinion on how we played or what the tactics were, because it didn't look like a one up front (4-5-1?) formation to me. If you were there, you're talking bollocks.

They may have shaded the first half, even if Winchester should have chosen a better option than going it alone, but the second half was ours by a country mile. If we just had someone with a poaching instinct we'd have been two up by about 70 minutes. So close at times. A couple of Brentford fans I spoke to after the game reckoned we're one of the best sides they've played this season and they were very lucky to get all three points.

I doubt rigsby will believe all this because he obviously has no passion for the club. He could do us all a favour and just bugger off instead of spouting crap when we don't win. You have noticed how quiet he's been recently during the unbeaten run, haven't you? How he can call himself a Latics supporter is beyond me.

Edited by Bristolatic

It's taken me a while to get round to this because, basically, the OP isn't worth wasting much time on. Then I thought I'd like to ask rigsby a question. "Were you actually at Brentford?" If not how can you base an opinion on how we played or what the tactics were, because it didn't look like a one up front (4-5-1?) formation to me. If you were there, you're talking bollocks.

They may have shaded the first half, even if Winchester should have chosen a better option than going it alone, but the second half was ours by a country mile. If we just had someone with a poaching instinct we'd have been two up by about 70 minutes. So close at times. A couple of Brentford fans I spoke to after the game reckoned we're one of the best sides they've played this season and they were very lucky to get all three points.

I doubt rigsby will believe all this because he obviously has no passion for the club. He could do us all a favour and just bugger off instead of spouting crap when we don't win. You have noticed how quiet he's been recently during the unbeaten run, haven't you? How he can call himself a Latics supporter is beyond me.

The simple answer to that is, that he is not a Latics fan.

Oh wheeling out the old'we're the best sides theyve played this season',well,the table doesnt lie my friend,and we're in trouble,like it or lump it so we're not that great are we?

Regarding the one up top comment,well,to my mind we are playing with ONE out and out striker,if you or anyone else thinks DP is a striker then its time to pack it in.He is a CREATIVE midlfielder who plays BEHIND the front MAN.Jesus wept.

I do have passion for the club but the facts are simple,we play neat football (at times) but there is NO CUTTING edge and we are WEAK at the back.

If you or aynone else thinks other wise your deluded,simples.

PS IMO we will get beaten tomorrow night,they will 'high ball' us to death.

If i were an opp manager readying my team to play us the instructions would be simple,get the ball in the box,the keeper gets dizzy when he comes a yard off his line and they are very very very vumerable to corners free kicks etc etc.

The naievety on here is frightening.

PPS I didnt go to Brentford,fair play to them that did.

LJ has the nucleus of a good team, the most unfortunate aspect is Charlie McDonald has missed so many matches, he would probably have snapped up many of the easy chances which have gone begging and gained extra league points - possibly even secured us a place in the JPT.

With no like for like on the books I feel its imperative another experienced goal poacher is brought in.

Not easy at this time the season, but maybe a plunge into the non league market may be worth the risk (remember Charlie himself was playing in non league until he was 26 years of age).

My views on bringing in a creative player just to give the manager another tactical option are well known, but priority must now be given to another Charlie McDonald type striker.

At the risk of being told he's unproven and why has no league club has snapped him up before, I could suggest this man.(at 6' 2" he's not bad in the air too).

http://www.football.com/en-gb/lee-gregory/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2bjrKtWl2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRRSPVN5tS0

It def is a real pity that we cannot get a decent run with Charlie Mac in the team.

So in response to Bristol's question Rigsby, in summary:

I agree with your statement wholeheartedly.... it's funny when you get down to it what you can have in common with people

I would NEVER critiszie folk paying to go and watch Latics.

Unfortunately we cant all afford to go week in week out.

Apparently that means you dont care about the club reading some of the comments on here.I been to 8 games this season,i dont go every week b/c i cant afford it,big deal.

Name calling like F***FACE I find a bit sad,i dont swear i dont resort to abuse but it would seem im fair game to some on OWTB simply because i speak my mind.

No course im not,being going on and off since '83 but dont let that get in the way of your opinion.

Don't worry, I won't.

I have never seen you post anything but the negative comments, such as the opening gambit on this thread. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion just as everyone else is, but why do you never seem to be around when praise for the Latics is duly deserved? I mean, come on now, that is bound to create the impression of being a pessimist who likes nothing more than a good old whinge, rather than positive or favourable comment.

The team has been on a pretty decent run lately, with 6 draws and four wins from ten, although the draws can be frustrating at times. Latics are four points outside the drop-zone and four points off 11th place, with a game in hand. To say that they are "in trouble" is a ridiculous comment to make at this stage of the season, as the the halfway stage has not even been reached yet. Besides, all this "playoff places" and "relegation zone" means absolutely nothing until the final game.

In my opinion, Latics have a decent squad..it's far from perfect and has a way to go before it reaches potential..and the same can be said of Lee Johnson. If they maintain their League One status, which I believe they will, then the close-season will most likely bring about a few changes in playing personnel and hopefully strengthen the key areas. The obvious area is the left side of defence. Plummer is, perhaps, not the answer..maybe it is time for Grounds to stand by his conviction that he is a left-sided defender and step up to the plate by showing that he actually is.

The season has a long way to go yet and there will be more twists and turns, not just for the Latics, but for a lot of clubs.

Why not just enjoy it for what it is?

the manager is not learning from his mistakes.jch OR rooney are not lone strikers.

not sinking in yet is it....

BTW we will get beaten on tues,they will kill us with the high ball.

And then i can look forward to reading more excuses...zzz

Well, Rigsby..will you be on tonight praising the stirring comeback by the Latics?

No more excuses.