Brentford

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i hear or see another 'we didn't deserve that' type of post i'll scream.

This team is going nowhere,i alluded to this the other night and was carpeted for it,i confidently predicted a defeat today and a dfeat tuesday.

Anyone want to bet against me?

Toothless,lightweight,and he played a lone striker AGAIN,can someone have a word with him please it doesn't work!!!

Idiot

Aye, whatever you say captain.

its true dan,stats don't lie,Mansfield is a massive game,our season could be fooked in a week with a defeat in the JPT,a defeat today an Mansfield on tues,I think Mellor could be in the net on tues because LJ has tried him everywhere else!! Edited by oafc21

the manager is not learning from his mistakes.jch OR rooney are not lone strikers.

not sinking in yet is it....

BTW we will get beaten on tues,they will kill us with the high ball.

And then i can look forward to reading more excuses...zzz

Do you promise to post on Tues night's Mansfield game thread.

Whatever the score.

That's bollocks....we had as many shots on goal as Brentford today, we aren't taking our chances that's all. It will all come together in time, maybe not this season but hopefully next. There'll be no massive clearout this time and if we can get another couple of quality players in it will make all the difference.

9 shots but only 1 on target - just lack that final cutting edge - too many poor decisions today - Winchester when we had four on one and Petrasso choosing to shoot when he had better options either side - we matched Brentford and even shaded the second half - still a great day out though - the beer in the Griffin was extremely good and nice to visit a proper football ground.

Edited by TheBigDog

If i hear or see another 'we didn't deserve that' type of post i'll scream.

This team is going nowhere,i alluded to this the other night and was carpeted for it,i confidently predicted a defeat today and a dfeat tuesday.

Anyone want to bet against me?

Toothless,lightweight,and he played a lone striker AGAIN,can someone have a word with him please it doesn't work!!!

2 defeats in 13

Beaten the likes of Preston n wolves away

Philliskirk proving he's one of th best players in the league

Things to remember...

We're Oldham

We're not man united or man city or arsenal

We are not able to replicate barcelonas style of football

We are a league one side with a manager who is new to the game.a manager who has us playing the most attractive football you've seen for years. Yes, we lose now and again. So what? We also win a few.

The best bit? We're not boring to watch. If you want to sit there whining about how we're not smashing teams 4-0 - go n watch united - it's the perfect time.

People need to get a sense of perspective. We'd have been delighted with 12th spot this season and yet people are having paddies because we've lost late on to one of the leagues favourites.

You ask wolves, Brentford, Peterborough, Preston n Leyton orient what they think of us as a team, and then Think back to the dickov/Penney days.

Some people news to wake up and realise who they support and why.

We're Oldham. It's NEVER easy but it's certainly eventful.

2 defeats in 13

Beaten the likes of Preston n wolves away

Philliskirk proving he's one of th best players in the league

Things to remember...

We're Oldham

We're not man united or man city or arsenal

We are not able to replicate barcelonas style of football

We are a league one side with a manager who is new to the game.a manager who has us playing the most attractive football you've seen for years. Yes, we lose now and again. So what? We also win a few.

The best bit? We're not boring to watch. If you want to sit there whining about how we're not smashing teams 4-0 - go n watch united - it's the perfect time.

People need to get a sense of perspective. We'd have been delighted with 12th spot this season and yet people are having paddies because we've lost late on to one of the leagues favourites.

You ask wolves, Brentford, Peterborough, Preston n Leyton orient what they think of us as a team, and then Think back to the dickov/Penney days.

Some people news to wake up and realise who they support and why.

We're Oldham. It's NEVER easy but it's certainly eventful.

Good post and very true,I just hope we beat Mansfield on tuesday to keep our season alive

What a good performance, well apart from the first 20 mins. Away from home at a top of the table team and we had them completly rattled. Gutted to lose in injury time. Was Oxley at fault for not coming off his line again? It was hard to see from the other end but I think so. We also need a striker that anticipates, to many times we are just a yard to late meeting balls across the box.

Were not far off having a good team.

Edited by NIKI1234

I'll criticise the decision making of Winchester and Petrasso at crucial moments. But both played well.

That was a great effort against the best side in the division at the moment. If we'd snatched a win it wouldn't have been undeserved.

This is a good Latics team. It's also improving. To slate the manager or the team for that performance is totally unjustified and, in truth, a disgraceful way to support.

I'll criticise the decision making of Winchester and Petrasso at crucial moments. But both played well.

That was a great effort against the best side in the division at the moment. If we'd snatched a win it wouldn't have been undeserved.

This is a good Latics team. It's also improving. To slate the manager or the team for that performance is totally unjustified and, in truth, a disgraceful way to support.

On my phone so can't up boat but thank you!!

Anyone slagging the team off today wasn't there. Excellent work rate from start to finish. Both teams had chances but they took theirs. Thought is was an even game and if Charlie Mac was fit it could have been a different story - missed a poacher. Gutting undeserved end but a great effort today. Case closed and on to Tuesday.

Oh and how good was our support today both in numbers and voice.

On my phone so can't up boat but thank you!!

Yep ditto, otherwise i'd too...

It's a weird phenomenon when people seem to garner pleasure from defeat, and always seek the negative. I haven't and will never get "it".

Certain posters on here simply can't wait for a loss to quickly post their woe is us / we're doomed / <insert manager name> is clueless and doesn't know what he's doing drivel.

Taking peverse pleasure in saying 'i told you we would lose'? Why? Some supporter eh?

Call it Trolling - another internet thing i just don't get - or whatever it is; i just dont get it.

Looking at the BBC updates, it looked like a deent ebb & flow game; and we were unlucky in shipping a injury time winner; when it looked for all the world we'd earned a hard away point.

I'm gutted at that.

Awaits certain other posters to join this thread with their posts on Wes, LJ and all things doom & gloom.

Such a strange way to 'support' a team...

It's a weird phenomenon when people seem to garner pleasure from defeat, and always seek the negative. I haven't and will never get "it".

Certain posters on here simply can't wait for a loss to quickly post their woe is us / we're doomed / <insert manager name> is clueless and doesn't know what he's doing drivel.

Taking peverse pleasure in saying 'i told you we would lose'? Why? Some supporter eh?

Call it Trolling - another internet thing i just don't get - or whatever it is; i just dont get it.

Looking at the BBC updates, it looked like a deent ebb & flow game; and we were unlucky in shipping a injury time winner; when it looked for all the world we'd earned a hard away point.

I'm gutted at that.

Awaits certain other posters to join this thread with their posts on Wes, LJ and all things doom & gloom.

Just this

Thought today was going to be one of the more entertaining 0-0 draws I've seen, until the goal at the death - which you become used to as a Latics' fan.. Both sides played a lot of good football although clear scoring chances were few. The four against one was laughable - a pub player would have had more idea what to do. I was in the stand opposite the dug outs so in with the Brentford fans. They felt their team wasn't playing well, but that's because Oldham pressured so well. Bit of luck needed only, rather than radical rethink.

I'm gutted at that.

Yep,and i could turn it round and say i cant understand happy clappers who are chucking one off at the sight of their team struggling in the third tier of english football and struggling to beat pub teams from the bottom tier.