Safe Standing

Point proven I guess.

Hardly. Clearly it wasn't a favourable response, however perhaps the individual didn't want to waste their time on you with a more detailed reply. Your correlation between ticket prices and "undesirables" is rubbish; please describe an "undesirable" or "types of people" as in the context of your post?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think it would work unless we had the rail seat number system as compulsory. That said imagine running late and having to find your 'place' in the stand when its full?

My other worry is that I like how football has priced a certain element out of the game and its more enjoyable to take family to now.

I worry that standing would lower prices and welcome back some of the lesser desirables and bring back some of the less welcome traits of yester year.

That said I enjoy standing but would rather keep the prices in line with current trends if it meant keeping the scroats out of football. I just think places like Oldham could do without too many £10 season ticket folk coming on matchdays and be more hassle than its worth.

Prick.

I dont really have anything else to add to this now I feel I have described the term lesser desirables in the context it was meant and explained why I like the current make up of people attending games. Its safer and we can take family I fail to see why its invoked such a negative response clearly I didn't clarify my intent in my intial post but have done since.

I'm on ok money at the moment but have not made have as many home games over the last couple of decades through long periods where i just couldn't afford it including the travel and so on. I've always liked a piss-up as part of the day and i never cause trouble at the game. I suppose i'm desirable now simply because i've worked my way into a better job. If i lose my job or have take a pay cut will i become a worse person?

I dont really have anything else to add to this now I feel I have described the term lesser desirables in the context it was meant and explained why I like the current make up of people attending games. Its safer and we can take family I fail to see why its invoked such a negative response clearly I didn't clarify my intent in my intial post but have done since.

Will.jpg

To summarise; those who pay less into a football match are undesirable, those who earn less and therefore not able to pay for premium football tickets would be classed as undesirable if they were able to purchase a ticket for premium games at a discounted rate. What you are saying is elitist social stratifying nonsense.

I think people know the answer to their own questions now and I am treating them as hypothetical now, if they believe I am of the opinion that people with less cash are all bad then they have missed my point completely

Increasing ticket prices has been a step used in other countries to cut out hooligan elements and has played a huge part in cutting out the issue in this country that is a fact. The make up of people paying to watch games now has changed that is also a fact. The make up of people attending games is now more to my liking a fact and my own right to formulate a personal choice surely?

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I think people know the answer to their own questions now and I am treating them as hypothetical now, if they believe I am of the opinion that people with less cash are all bad then they have missed my point completely

My other worry is that I like how football has priced a certain element out of the game

...you've said this twice to my knowledge, without any retraction. You are assuming that hooligans can't afford football, and in the UK hooligans only fight in football grounds and those who can't pay for premium tickets are "undesirable". Richard Littlecock has got :censored: all on this.

Rummy You decide what I meant and run with it! You tell me what you would like me to think say and type and best to conform to your site, I will tell you something though it would make for a very boring read.

It's rather unfair to blame moderation for your viewpoint being poorly received. You can still say it.

The biggest hooligan, thug, idiot, clown I know has a house worth over a million and drive a brand spanking BMW m3. I think he can afford football these days. Kyle your generalising people. It is not a "fact" that pricing certain people out has driven hooliganism down in this or other countries, that's a lie.

In case you didn't know. It was better policing and harsher punishments that put an end to hooliganism. NOT ticket prices.

Prices have increased on everything in life, not just football. Football just followed the trend.

Rummy You decide what I meant and run with it! You tell me what you would like me to think say and type and best to conform to your site, I will tell you something though it would make for a very boring read.

Conformity has nothing to do with it, Kyle. You can write whatever the :censored: you like (within reason) as long as you are able to debate the issue raised - and I telling you to believe what I want you to believe will not help you discover a rational opinion on this subject.