Shrewsbury commentators thought we should have won easily and looked one of the better teams in the division...

Doesnt matter really what they think we lost another game at home to a team who were around us in the league and had not scored an away goal for over a month.

Always seem to end teams bad runs at home. January is a massive month for us need some wins from somewhere and a couple of new faces

We had about 5 or 6 really good chances to score, hit the post, cleared off the line and other balls we didn't get the bounce on. Had "One of those days" written all over it. Shame as we have a lot of these but I didn't expect us to get anything out of the game today. Beaten them twice already, players out and Liverpool on Sunday, had a defeat written all over it. Two mistakes cost us badly.

I don't understand why you've had it in for LJ from day one....what is it?

Look at the home results, it's this I criticise most you will find, the fact is despite all his fine talk is he's done nothing to change how he approaches these games since day one.

If he manages better home league results in future I will praise him then.

Edited by BP1960

Look at the home results, it's this I criticise most you will find, the fact is despite all his fine talk is he's done nothing to change how he approaches these games since day one.

Sorry I've no axe to grind with you brother, but you've had bad blood with LJ from his appointment.....prior to :censored:e home results. Something bothers you.....come on tell us

But even before he'd managed a proper league game for us; you've posted negative comment after negative comment re: Lee Johnson.

It wasnt anything to do with home league games at that stage; as we hadn't played any.

Stop switching it around to validate your arguement; now that a couple of home games have gone 'South' results wise.

The home form helps in your bashing of him now; it's not the root of it though; and hasn't been from; as Lags says, day one.

Be it the legendary Army Boot Camp, the choice of players, the 4-4-2 then the 4-1-3-1-1 formations, Wes in the side, when Wes's form picked up; Wes & Korey together, Paul Murray being a coach - Dan Fecking Gardener.....

It's been little to do with home form; and everything to do with finding things to moan and critise about.

Your post style has changed since LJ's appointment.

Far; far more negative than before - and repeating the same post time & again - and that's what has been noticable and why Lags, me & others, have been able to pick up on it easily.

So - why the change?

The real reason? Not home form; thats not it as both me and Lags point out - the real reason for the LJ negativity?

Edited by slystallone

The formation arguements that 1960 has rose on a few occasions have been since we've struggled to unlock teams at home due to our predictability : Fair Enough.

1960 has always said, even under previous managers, that we need an attacking midfielder who can pick apart teams. People called him out and asked who. He mentioned a name and some of you won't let it lie still. By all accounts, the player he mentions has been doing well and is being looked at by Peterborough if you believe the Non League Paper.

Everyone said that PD's downfall was his lack of experienced assistant. BP comments on that and you shoot him down for that...

Broken record though.

The broken record goes silent when we play well and win games, but suddenly remember's how to sing when we lose.

I can suggest a player's name to sign too. So can any poster. It means feck all.

I can suggest a coach to sign who might help out. It means feck all.

What has become increasingly obvious, is an overwhelming negative bias to the majority of the posts; and all I am doing (and I believe that is all Lags is asking too) is asking what the real reason is as to why this is?

Edited by slystallone

The formation arguements that 1960 has rose on a few occasions have been since we've struggled to unlock teams at home due to our predictability : Fair Enough.

1960 has always said, even under previous managers, that we need an attacking midfielder who can pick apart teams. People called him out and asked who. He mentioned a name and some of you won't let it lie still. By all accounts, the player he mentions has been doing well and is being looked at by Peterborough if you believe the Non League Paper.

Everyone said that PD's downfall was his lack of experienced assistant. BP comments on that and you shoot him down for that...

As far as I'm concerned everything he has put across has been reasonable. He's not firing off angry posts and screaming for LJ to go, just expressing his opinions.

I certainly don't agree with all of them, but instead of insisting he is wrong, has it in for LJ etc.. Why not explain why you think he's wrong and express your opinion.

As far as I'm concerned everything he has put across has been reasonable. He's not firing off angry posts and screaming for LJ to go, just expressing his opinions.

I certainly don't agree with all of them, but instead of insisting he is wrong, has it in for LJ etc.. Why not explain why you think he's wrong and express your opinion.

Granted it will involve using a search feature i haven't a clue how to use (!) but i've had plenty of decent debates with 1960 on a number of themes over plenty of threads - have a look if you can figure it out (and them PM on how to do it please!)

I'm just askjng why, since LJ's appointment; and more recently; over the last couple of months, the posts and their style have changed to be so negative.

When i first noticed BP's posts years ago - i read them with interest.

That's changed now...

Far from me stating I think 1960 opinion is wrong I've asked what is his beef with LJ. From what I gather via his posts from day one of LJ's appointment he had a distinct downer and it's never lightened up. So, I've asked what is the reason. I can't see anything wrong in that.

Edited by Lags

Guest Scratch2000uk

Broken record though.

The broken record goes silent when we play well and win games, but suddenly remember's how to sing when we lose.

I can suggest a player's name to sign too. So can any poster. It means feck all.

I can suggest a coach to sign who might help out. It means feck all.

What has become increasingly obvious, is an overwhelming negative bias to the majority of the posts; and all I am doing (and I believe that is all Lags is asking too) is asking what the real reason is as to why this is?

Pot. Kettle, Black. :OASISscarf:

Granted it will involve using a search feature i haven't a clue how to use (!) but i've had plenty of decent debates with 1960 on a number of themes over plenty of threads - have a look if you can figure it out (and them PM on how to do it please!)

I'm just askjng why, since LJ's appointment; and more recently; over the last couple of months, the posts and their style have changed to be so negative.

That's changed now...

I wasn't singling you out. There's quite a few on here who just blast peoples opinions as wrong.

I can understand you thinking it's a broken record, but I'm sure the majority of us have been frustrated before when we believe something needs changing. BP is probably just frustrated at results like a lot of us are.

I don't pay enough attention to know if BP really does go quiet when we are winning. But I doubt any fan really wants us to lose games.

I really don't see anyone (certainly not me) shooting 1960 down about that observation. Quite frankly that stands out to most.

Everyone wants better results at home, that is obvious. To be fair LJ does change formations and does try to alter games with substitutions. Perhaps the blend of players isn't quite right in the squad to get the desired change. Lets see after January or more importantly the squad come the start of next season to judge.

That's changed now...

Lets face it Sly, you have your views and I have mine, I think you make some great points all in all. I'm not saying I'm right all the time and my observations are based on home results and the scarcity of goals .

it's true Gardner is still in non league, when fully fit (and due to some unfortunate injuries that's not been often) IMO as a creative player there's none better outside the Championship, however I'm coming to the conclusion he wouldn't fit into the current Latics set up so I'll give you that. At a club like Peterborough he'd be probably be a sensation.

Lee Gregory should fit the bill though as he's the sort of goal poacher the club need.

As for negativity no one has praised the youth team prospects more than myself (check out my post today on Joel Coleman).

Edited by BP1960