Johnson take the blane

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't send your assistant to the press conference do it yourself. We want answers after that shambolic performance. 1 shot and wrong subs. Who sticks one up front when we are 1-0 down. At least Dickov went for it.

Probably doing his job and talking/bollocking the players. Rather him do that than talk to the media at this stage.

A lack of budget is taking us down the league IMO and possibly a lack of experience in the management team, but would an experienced assistant dampen the LJ's USP?

The whole point of LJ is his refreshing attitude to football. Isn't it?

Edited by dazlatic

He always says the right things but actions speak louder. I think he has realised today that he cant keep saying the same old crap and then next week dish up the same old issues again. So he has choosen not to speak.

Its quite ironic after he sent Korey Smith back to clap the fans today after the :censored: house decided he was going to blank us.

The pressure is starting to show from all angles

A lack of budget is taking us down the league IMO and possibly a lack of experience in the management team, but would an experienced assistant dampen the LJ's USP?

The whole point of LJ is his refreshing attitude to football. Isn't it?

Scoring no goals again is hardly refreshing daz., and in work we all know an older head can sometimes help when you are new to the job.

I do agree with the budget though, maybe its time to splash a bit of cash from the cup runs in transfer fees rather than on more loanees.

Probably doing his job and talking/bollocking the players. Rather him do that than talk to the media at this stage.

By all accounts I think this is the explanation, be interesting if Messers Keegan and Chambers would prefer a more prompt press conference or one taken by the manager but later?

Scoring no goals again is hardly refreshing daz., and in work we all know an older head can sometimes help when you are new to the job.

I do agree with the budget though, maybe its time to splash a bit of cash from the cup runs in transfer fees rather than on more loanees.

Surely he has been let down by the likes of Rooney. Mac's injuries - although expected - haven't helped. Millar has been underwhelming too.

Only LJ will know if Rooney is showing signs in training but if he isn't he should be moved on for someone else. Surely Rooney's wages would attract a decent striker.

An old head would help but it has to be LJ's final decision with advice.

What is wrong with...

Oxley

Kusunga Tarky Grounds

Worrall Wes Smith Dayton

Harkins

Philli JCH/Macdonald

Smith at right back in that team, some say you can't take him out of midfield, but why not? its not working at present and he's still good enough to do a good job at right back.

4-1-3-2 formation.

Edited by BP1960

Three at the back? Probably leave us exposed and cost us more goals.

But the oppo would have something to think about at least. We are losing 1-0 but we might win the odd game 2-1 or 3-2.

We do have Mellor or Connor Brown to close the back door if needed. Currently we are losing with a wimper.

Smith at right back in that team, some say you can't take him out of midfield, but why not? its not working at present and he's still good enough to do a good job at right back.

4-1-3-2 formation.

We seem to miss Wes when he is out. But as you say Smith? Mellor and Brown on the bench? Start with an truly attacking line-up

not posted on here in a long time but after today's performance i need to have a say………. i think that we need to rethink the forward positions and then give the 2 main men a good run in the team to learn off each other.

I spoke to a friend who say that lee gregory is a selfish player who no matter what part of the area he is in he likes to take shots instead of our recent performances where we want to walk the ball into the net.

i would also say give paul rachubka a run in the team as he has signed a contract to see if we can keep a clean sheet and take oxley out the firing line for a bit.

i like lee johnson and paul murray but think like paul dickov needs a experience person to give him some guidance..

can we also try to sign lee gregory even if it spends our cup run money as i think it would be a good investment and on way back from vale park i looked at halifax score to see that lee had scored again.

i would also say give paul rachubka a run in the team as he has signed a contract to see if we can keep a clean sheet and take oxley out the firing line for a bit.

Oxley is the best goalkeeper at the club. He saved a penalty today. Put Rachubka in net to see if we can turn these 1 goal margin losses into draws? If there's something wrong with the team at the minute it definitely ain't the goalkeeper. Edited by PlayItLivo

4-1-2-1-2

Ox

Kasunga Tarky Grounds Mellor

Wes/Smith

Worrall Dayton

Harkin

Mac Philly

Wes/Smith lying deep, never getting past the half way line. Harkin advanced, never going in his own half.

Allows us to have more firepower up front while still keeping the wingers.

Also, sends a message to the midfielder that gets dropped that no one's position is safe.