Does size matter ?

I'm sure they do. But watching Preston on Saturday, they may get promoted but would come straight back down in my opinion without a major overhaul of the team. There's too much quality in the Championship and they would get found out quite easily. Even we weren't all that far off getting something out of that game.

If Preston go up they will certainly add more quality.

Edited by BP1960

I'm sure they do. But watching Preston on Saturday, they may get promoted but would come straight back down in my opinion without a major overhaul of the team. There's too much quality in the Championship and they would get found out quite easily. Even we weren't all that far off getting something out of that game.

Think Preston upwards will be OK in the Championship, as Orient will spend some of Hearns' money (the Hearns are probably getting a nice slice of the Froch/Groves money). Rotherham will struggle, but I can't see them going up, ditto the rest aside from Franchise who will spend big, but again I can't see them going up either.

So, JCH.

Wilson.

Erm...

That's 2 big, strong sides we've played in 4 days.

Nothing exeptional. Nothing out of the ordinary.

But, organised, well drilled, functional, all players knowing their roles. Cynical and battle hardened, knowing how to run the clock down and see games out. 7 or 8 big; strong functional outfield players with a sprinkling of 2 or 3 quality players into the mix and it Bob's your Uncle.

Add in Wolves too, who were the same.

We on the other hand, are the exact opposite right now - unorganised and without the players to match up against the oppostion teams pound or pound.

Sounds like the first half of us vs Forest last season

Size only matters in defence - definitely need a big back four. The rest is dependent on the accuracy of the passing, the control of the players, their strength on the ball and their ability to move eg Barcelona. However if you have small players but play as though they are all six foot three then you have a problem.