Adam Drury?

if brown had winchesters ability on the ball to go with his defensive strengths we wouldnt have him, winchester may well be on his way in a squad that needs trimming he hasnt done enough to sway the manager and thats what it will come down to, I feel he along with Miller will be plying their trade at a lower level next season where regular starts may bring about some improvement.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 3 will be gone at the end of the season...

Winchester has produced the odd moment of quality and done ok at times but never consistently

same with Mellor

and Millar after a bright finish last season has done nothing when handed a few chances this season

They have had numerous chances under numerous managers and have never been able to hold down a regular spot - its time to move on yes they don't cost much but are they giving us much back. Mellor has been poor at LB this season and got sent off in a key game at centre mid.

time to move on - I would love them to have come good. improve the team and give us a saleable asset instead of loan after loan but its not happend

Should they all all be retained a squad members next season?

Can they do all a decent job when called upon?

IMO Mellor yes, Winchester maybe, and Millar in fits and starts.

They wouldn't be expensive to retain and there's the possibility of improvement, so all in all I'd give certainly Winchester and Mellor one more chance.

I think Mellor and Winchester have all the technical attributes to be a good player its the physical and mental side of the game that seems to let them down. Mellor helped keep us up last season but just hasn't kicked on, while Winchester shows occasional brilliance so I can understand why people rate him, yet he has zero consistency and too many games pass him by completely.

plenty can obviously see on here that Winchester is a talented footballer and has a good brain for the game. technically very good. However for a midfielder he is too soft doesnt get about the pitch quick enough for me and never opens his mouth, ever.He looks scraed at times but he looks scared in the warm up as well, in a battle at the bottom of league 1 he will never make it and will be outmuscled by 90% of the teams in this league.

at right back? thats another thing IMO. especially while Connor Brown is around because Winchester has a better brain is roughly the same size and can probaly defend just as well if not better. The difference being as I said above Winchsteer can use the ball far better and maybe give us more going forward. His distribution would be far better than the current full back.

Miller - please release

Mellor - dont get it, Obviously talented but just seems like its all passing him by. Will probably get another deal but he has to improve big time. Like Winchster he is very talented