Interesting piece ref Saturday!

I might be in a minority of one, but I hope we give him pelters on Saturday.

Very much as sly says above (and I don't really know why) I have a feeling he is potentially vulnerable if we can put him under some real pressure from the stands.

He strikes me as a decent young man who won't want people to think the worst of him (hence the loan back arrangement) as jumping ship.

A bit like sledging in cricket - it either inspires or pressurises - I hope we're not too friendly because I think we will have missed a trick.

After the game, show our appreciation for his efforts this season, not before IMHO.

I shall applaud him on to the pitch and applaud when his name is read out, but after that he is getting both barrels until the final whistle, when I shall applaud him off the pitch again. He is playing at BP, but isn't wearing blue and white, that makes him the enemy, I think, you should respect your enemy, but when fighting them you should hate them too.

Incidentally I hope the paddock is ready for some choice words for their manager, the ungentlemanly banker.

I'd have put a clause in that he must play against us. I like Tarky very much but would bet one of your English pounds that he will either stand on the ball on the edge o

f the box or bury a shinned effort into his own net.

I stand to be ridiculed come Saturday night.

In the 300 minutes he has been on the pitch for Brentford they havent conceded so I hope he doesnt start.

I don't know how I'll bear up if he goes off on a mazy run with full on yellow card lunge at the end

Take consolation by the fact that a yellow card means he will be suspended as it's his 10th of the season.

Edited by rudemedic

I don't know how I'll bear up if he goes off on a mazy run with full on yellow card lunge at the end

That'll be like seeing an ex do that funny little laugh & snort that you always liked.

Regardless, he'll be getting both barrells from me too upto and after that brief moment of nostalgia.

Edited by LaticsChris

As has been said, tosh.

You are saying that no players play against their former club because every club puts clauses in transfer contracts. Tosh, sir. Absolute tosh.

Read the post and the following thread properly...I am making a point and then it is followed by others posting cases that have proved clauses have been inserted!

Tosh utter tosh!!!!

In the Chron, LJ says:

“He’s a good kid and I wish him the best. I’m sure he will get applause at the beginning and at the end. But if he’s shanking it out of play or going on one of his ‘mazies’ and kicking it too far, we want people to heckle."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/85251/no-room-to-relax-for-latics