The FA's proposals for Premier League B Teams in League 3

Here are my views on the Report by the FA Chairman's England Commission.

http://www.ernieflag.co.uk/site/index.php/bloggs/15-england/169-response-to-the-fa-chairmans-england-commission

Sorry, it's quite a long one.

I am stunned that they can have come up with something so ill-conceived and in particular I am amazed that this has come out with Dario Gradi's name attached to it. Surely if there is someone who understands lower league football it should be Dario.

if this gets through then that's it for me with football, would totally rip the whole England tradition apart and render it all worthless - Oldham v Stoke City Reserves for the title? Seriously?

Danny Mills was on radio 5 tonight and came out with the most eliteist brainwashed load of guff, even Claridge was fuming and flabbergasted at his reasoning.

What the 'commission' have conveniently avoided is this simple answer - stop all premier league clubs from having any non-UK based players in their academy's from age 11-18 which forces them to bring British players through.

If they're good enough they'll come through, otherwise they won't

But that's logical, can't have that to fill a 100 page load of tosh 'report'.................

Darragh McAnthony is also against this ans has tweeted that this must be fought by all league clubs, saying that they will no doubt be asked to accept the proposal or get no solidarity payments - if it meant the history and integrity of football in the country being maintained i'd accept us having to sell JCH and Korey to cover the shortfall

I'm sure there's young kids out there who we could sign to replace them.......................................

Sod off and play each other in your own league - Spain only have a B team league because they haven't the number of teams this country has, we are unique

And yes, Stoke City reserves vs Oldham on a tuesday night with them not being able to get higher than league one is going to aid the England team isn't it

Put the billions you get from tv revenue into grass roots, put the block on the recruitment of foreign kids into clubs before age 18 and even bring the Spanish coaches over if you have to.

Problem solved

Can't imagine that Greg Dyke in his former post of chairman of League One Brentford, would have welcomed this!

What you have to remember about the big Premiership teams is that they acquire young players for two reasons. One bunch of players are bought to sell on - purely a way of making money - and the others are brought in with the hope that they will make it to the first team eventually. A radical plan would have demanded that Premiership teams have, say, a fifty fifty squad - half British players and half born overseas.

Instead of starting from the ground-up and vastly improving grassroots and coaching, the FA want to barge-in half way through the process, ruining the integrity of 72 team-strong and envy of the world Football League.