A New Star Is Found In A Latics Shirt #17

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was his assuredness which took the eye, even more impressive in that he was the only holding midfielder, allowing Jones to venture much further forward. This is what I've been waiting for at home games and the number of shots on goal showed how effective it was, better finishing and we are almost there.

Neil Wood looked assured in his first few games in 06/07...

Wilkinson was brilliant, just missed that finishing touch don't see how anyone could find fault in the rest of his game last night.

I also wonder how we would cope without Jones at the minute, not everything he does comes off but he always wants the ball and to keep things moving, the heartbeat of the team at the moment. If he gets injured or nullified by the better opposition of this league it will be interesting to see how we cope

But we don't have one of our own players who can replicate what Wilkinson offered us last night?

How will we ever know what our young talent can offer us if we never use it, take Jordan Bove for an example scores for fun in the Ressys has 10mins on the pitch against Bradford and scores the winner, this would of been the perfect game to give him 45mins

Look i'd rather take the wins in JPT while we can - some more cash for the club.

January is January too far away as far as I'm concerned, bank points now.

Bove will get a go soon enough.

From what I see "we" need more wins, so we go into December riding a wave. no im not moaning about 8 games undefeated, just like a few more 3 pointers.

ANYTHING to be above those Tykes at end of season.

How will we ever know what our young talent can offer us if we never use it, take Jordan Bove for an example scores for fun in the Ressys has 10mins on the pitch against Bradford and scores the winner, this would of been the perfect game to give him 45mins

Yep, possibly, if he wasnt injured mind...