A New Star Is Found In A Latics Shirt #17

I'm still not convinced by Dayton at all, he's too lightweight and constantly gets out muscled.

Yep, me too.

Surprised to see posters picking him out for praise last night TBH.

Whilst he wasnt awful, nor was he that effective either. Solid enough i guess, but for every clever turn or bright movement; he'd then back it up with a "typical dayton" mard-arse loss in the tackle or fall over.

Still unconvinced...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, me too.

Surprised to see posters picking him out for praise last night TBH.

Whilst he wasnt awful, nor was he that effective either. Solid enough i guess, but for every clever turn or bright movement; he'd then back it up with a "typical dayton" mard-arse loss in the tackle or fall over.

Still unconvinced...

This for me...couple of risky 'fall overs' as well where if he hadn't recieved the free kick, we'd have been in trouble.

Couple of decent balls for Polean and runs but not enough for me

Sly you might need a new watch, he was substituted after 87 minutes (so the BBC say) which is a bit more than 2/3rd's of a game in my eyes.

Ian G.

I thought Kelly had a lot longer on the pitch than 3 mins plus added time? Hmm, stand corrected.

I dont wear a watch though, I use the moon and stars: they told me he came off around the 70mins marker??

I'll let you have a word and tell them if they are indeed wrong then...

But my point still stands; far too early for bold claims of greatness after 1 performance...

Thought Tidser was a revelation last night ,made a big mistake early on with a wayward pass, recovered possession and never looked back.

If impressing and taking your chance in the team means anything, He couldn't have done much more.

There was 5 or 6 stand out performances for me last night , being-

Tidser (MoM)

J Wilson (Best player at BP in a long time)

B Wilson (Really growing in the team)

M Jones (Another solid performance)

T Dieng (Looks a real footballer)

J Mills (Best performance by him this season)

As for Wilkinson I'm not sure I think I would prefer one of our own players given the game time.

I hope Tidser has a long, illustrious & successful Oldham career but, doesn't the fact the manager has taken until now to use him, and then only use him in a JPT game suggest he was probably as surprised as us at how well he played?

A good point, perhaps a mix of that and of wanting to give Jones, Captain Kelly and Winchester a fair crack.

I don't see how there can be any doubts about Wilkinson. He did make some poor decisions in the final third but for a big strong centre forward, he is quick and nimble to boot.

There is clearly a serious player in there who must be very difficult to defend against. If we can get him on a season loan, we instantly become a dangerous contender for the top 10 (or even top 6!)

Neither do i. He's a very inexperienced young lad who needs game-time and who will inevitably make errors, but who has huge potential and ability. He's a very good footballer.

I would add Danny P to the list,was excellent last night

Thought Tidser was a revelation last night ,made a big mistake early on with a wayward pass, recovered possession and never looked back.

If impressing and taking your chance in the team means anything, He couldn't have done much more.

There was 5 or 6 stand out performances for me last night , being-

Tidser (MoM)

J Wilson (Best player at BP in a long time)

B Wilson (Really growing in the team)

M Jones (Another solid performance)

T Dieng (Looks a real footballer)

J Mills (Best performance by him this season)

As for Wilkinson I'm not sure I think I would prefer one of our own players given the game time.

The best thing about last night was that for the first time in many many years we have fringe players that can step upto the plate.

We didn't have Forte , Kelly , Winchester and Elokobi from the usual team yet the players that stepped up proved they were capable of playing at this level.

Great for the rest of this season especially after Xmas when we usually have our downturn.

Proves what a good squad that LJ is starting to assemble in the short time & limited budget he has had.

Timothee cant have done his chances of an extended run in the team any harm last night. Looks composed on the ball and a couple of times he stepped out to read the danger.

He will play on Saturday no doubt, but barring any mistakes he should keep Genseric out of the team when he returns.

Timothee cant have done his chances of an extended run in the team any harm last night. Looks composed on the ball and a couple of times he stepped out to read the danger.

He will play on Saturday no doubt, but barring any mistakes he should keep Genseric out of the team when he returns.

Sounds like a case of taking your chances. Kusunga gave me the :censored:s on Saturday, this might be Timmy's opportunity to push for first change The CB

It's Diengs' place to lose now isn't it surely? He played well last night, back that up with another good performance on Saturday, and Kusunga will be back to the bench - surely?

He (Kusunga) is more than likely to regret leaving for his Angola games I'd have said...

I doubt he will regret it once Big George is fit, Lockwood is back and with dieng now playing well he won't be to worried as he has only played a couple of games but if Angola reach the African cup of nations he will proberly get called up anyway. Edited by Forte_Baby