England to play home games away from Wembley?

It may be rose tinted hindsight or because I was a teenager then but I'm sure there was far more warmth and affection for the England team when they were in exile. They should play around the country anyway.

Edited by jsslatic

Jax to London? Said it before, how many UK fans will watch a team they have no connection with get blown out every other week? Keep it as it is.

I maintain the NFL team would be infinitely more sustainable if they themselves employed the nomadic principal. By way of example you could play 4 at Wembley, 3 at OT, 3 at Villa Park, 3 at Hamden and 3 at Windsor Park... people will travel from Manchester to London for a one off game or two but not for 16 games - the cost is just too great. But they will likely pay for a three game "season ticket" and then you'll make up the gaps with people who'll pick up the single game. God forbid you make the playoffs then you play at Wembley and do priority for those who bought all three tickets to their local games.

It's not unreasonable for the team to be called the British Bulldogs or some equally derivative name and have them travel when you consider that it is smaller than many US states! You have to make the team competitive of course and that's not easy - but expansion drafts and the like can be weighted and you'd have to weight this one more heavily than normal perhaps. But it's still feasible.

I maintain the NFL team would be infinitely more sustainable if they themselves employed the nomadic principal. By way of example you could play 4 at Wembley, 3 at OT, 3 at Villa Park, 3 at Hamden and 3 at Windsor Park... people will travel from Manchester to London for a one off game or two but not for 16 games - the cost is just too great. But they will likely pay for a three game "season ticket" and then you'll make up the gaps with people who'll pick up the single game. God forbid you make the playoffs then you play at Wembley and do priority for those who bought all three tickets to their local games.

It's not unreasonable for the team to be called the British Bulldogs or some equally derivative name and have them travel when you consider that it is smaller than many US states! You have to make the team competitive of course and that's not easy - but expansion drafts and the like can be weighted and you'd have to weight this one more heavily than normal perhaps. But it's still feasible.

They wouldn't play at home every week.

If they want to put a team over here, it needs to have an identity with a place, as that is how it will attract fans.

They also need a smaller stadium than Wembley. If they play there then they will be playing at the stadium with the NFLs largest seating capacity. Even some successful, established NFL teams would struggle to sell 90,000 tickets 8 times over. They'd need a 50-60,000 seat stadium ideally.

They'd only do an expansion draft for an expansion team, and I can't see them expanding the league. But with the way the nfl works, you can become competitive if you are managed well within a few seasons.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

They wouldn't play at home every week.

If they want to put a team over here, it needs to have an identity with a place, as that is how it will attract fans.

They also need a smaller stadium than Wembley. If they play there then they will be playing at the stadium with the NFLs largest seating capacity. Even some successful, established NFL teams would struggle to sell 90,000 tickets 8 times over. They'd need a 50-60,000 seat stadium ideally.

They'd only do an expansion draft for an expansion team, and I can't see them expanding the league. But with the way the nfl works, you can become competitive if you are managed well within a few seasons.

Yeah - diabolical maths on my part!

It may be rose tinted hindsight or because I was a teenager then but I'm sure there was far more warmth and affection for the England team when they were in exile. They should play around the country anyway.

Agree sadly like last Wembley for International games has few appeal to alot of people. Fair number of fans i meet there dont often watch club games, so have no link to any of the songs or the tourists with there Ipads.

When on the road it took the England national team to everyone, it was more than just another London club as some people often spoke of them.