Home v Away fixtures.....

Bit bored at work so just been looking at who we have played at home and away this season.

We have played every team above us except three (Rochdale, Sheff U, MK Dons) away from home. Our next 3 away fixtures are Sheff U, Rochdale and MK Dons. If and it's a big IF we can come out of the other side of those away fixtures still only having lost 2 away games then I will be mightily chuffed, and more importantly looking for a play off berth at the end of the season!

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=30

We haven't yet played any of them at home therefore our home form which has been pretty good so far will come under much more scrutiny in the second half of the season as the big boys and those other teams in form come to BP (SD.comP).

I had a nagging feeling of the team not getting enough wins and drawing to many games, especially on the road, but when you look at who we've played (and not been outplayed) away from home then it's actually not a bad record. Need to ensure we pick up 3 points against the bottom half away from home more often though.

Hmmmmmm............

I was thinking about this the other day, it seems we have played the majority of the promotion pushing teams away (includign Chesterfield) & our home form is slowly picking up. We very much have it in our own hands with regards to staying up the table, despite not having the games in hand the teams above us have.

Im sick of this site & in particularly myself, being so positive.

In any promotion push your home fixtures are your bread and butter and over the past few seasons we have not won enough of them hence our poor end of season position.

We need to win more games at home if we are to be in mix come May. The signs are good the home form has improved and the way we set up and play our football away from home means we have every chance of picking up wins and draws away from S.D.COM.Park.

We are creative and in Forte we have a finisher, along with defensive options and being solid we really do have a decent shout.

Injuries, suspensions and the Jan transfer window I.M.O. will be the deceiding factors to a season concluding in a top half / mid table finish or a play off or better spot.

The momentum is good.

I think we'll give it a good go this season.

And fall just short of the play offs as injuries kill us.

That would have to be an horrendous list of injuries for that to happen, two of our best three centrehalf have been out for the past few weeks and we seem to have absorbed their loss pretty well, keeping Forte going will be the crux for me if he can continue to score in his 60/70 minute run outs I think we have enough in the squad for top 6 this year.

Of course, playing the teams above us at home is guarantee of any sort of result,.

Interestingly the reverse is true of the team below us, the majority of those we have to play away.

So that could give a false position too.

Or, as I like to believe, it means we might not have a second half of the season capitulation this season.

Edited by singe

Our home form has improved massively, with the better teams left to come to BP this could be a good sign as the majority will be coming to win the game and attack a little, i feel we are good on the counter so this could play in to our hands!

That would have to be an horrendous list of injuries for that to happen, two of our best three centrehalf have been out for the past few weeks and we seem to have absorbed their loss pretty well, keeping Forte going will be the crux for me if he can continue to score in his 60/70 minute run outs I think we have enough in the squad for top 6 this year.

Jones and Forte injured = season over.

Every team relies on one or two players if Preston lost Garner or Bristol lose Agard it becomes more difficult but I think we are better equipped squad wise to cope, we did lose Forte for two or three and still performed, its all about keeping it going and not losing momentum it may be why the manager is looking at cover for those positions as he recognises the loss they would be to the team.