Guest oa exile

Leon Clarke  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics Sign Leon Clarke?

• Yes
    • No

Guest oa_exile
Leon Linked With League One Switch By Geoff Hatcher Date: 24/6/2007

Wednesday striker Leon Clarke is believed to be attracting the interest of 2 League one clubs. Clarke, who only signed for the Owls back in January, is understood to have had difficulties settling in to life in Yorkshire.

It is understood that both Bournemouth and Oldham, where Leon was on loan to for 2 months last season, have made early enquiries as to his availability.

With the loss of Steven Maclean to Cardiff City it remains to be seen if Brian Laws would right off one of his own signing so early in to his Owls career but OwlsOnline understands the Black Country born forwards attitude has frustrated Laws and the back room staff at the club.

>>Leon Clarke<<

Oh Dear !

Sport5FRI3003.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beat me to it Diego .... Ports is as bad if not worse. Wouldn't be a bad edition thought plenty left in this guy that we didn't get to see .... with his last min pen he showed strong inner strenght especially as the moaners (from this day forward now known as the crewe crew) started to get on his case in this previous /game. His celebrations showed what it meant to him

P1010406.jpg

beat me to it Diego .... Ports is as bad if not worse. Wouldn't be a bad edition thought plenty left in this guy that we didn't get to see .... with his last min pen he showed strong inner strenght especially as the moaners (from this day forward now known as the crewe crew) started to get on his case in this previous /game. His celebrations showed what it meant to him

P1010406.jpg

I take that offside bit back -- a bit. He still did the business, especially that penalty at Brentford. The keeper messed him about before that, and it took an age to take, but he never looked like he'd miss. Better overall than Porter I reckon.

Guest oa_exile
plenty left in this guy that we didn't get to see ....

What like he can actually jump ? :huh: we can hopefully sign much better

What does Inspiral_Carpet have in common with Leon Clarke?

Both have had difficulties settling in to life in Yorkshire! :grin:

I've lived in Lancashire; Greater Manchester; Bedfordshire; Shropshire; Tyne & Wear; London; Essex; Northamptonshire and now County Durham. Despite what my Birth Certificate says, I have never lived in Yorkshire. My ex-wife was born in Bradford and that is as near as I've got. :)

I would love to see Leon Clarke back. I thought he was good last time and will get better once his fitness improves.

Guest sheridans_world

Dont want him, too cocky, doesnt work.

ANYONE who was at the Brentford game saw he had a rubbish game for 93 minutes then tapped one in from a yard out (ok he got in the position) but then scored a penalty that looked shaky. I am sorry, i do not want this guy back at the club if what we saw was his best.

Dont want him, too cocky, doesnt work.

ANYONE who was at the Brentford game saw he had a rubbish game for 93 minutes then tapped one in from a yard out (ok he got in the position) but then scored a penalty that looked shaky. I am sorry, i do not want this guy back at the club if what we saw was his best.

The whole team was poor at Brentford. It was a bad performance and we were extremely fortunate to get a draw against a side that was rightly relegated.

A striker is there to score goals and that is what he did. Roger Palmer made a career out of being anonymous until getting on the score sheet. Latics will score more goals with Leon Clarke in the side as opposed to Paul Warne.

What we saw wasn't his best. He was patently unfit as he had been out of the Wolves side most of the Season. I would expect him to be much stronger if he were back on a permanent basis.

The whole team was poor at Brentford. It was a bad performance and we were extremely fortunate to get a draw against a side that was rightly relegated.

A striker is there to score goals and that is what he did. Roger Palmer made a career out of being anonymous until getting on the score sheet. Latics will score more goals with Leon Clarke in the side as opposed to Paul Warne.

What we saw wasn't his best. He was patently unfit as he had been out of the Wolves side most of the Season. I would expect him to be much stronger if he were back on a permanent basis.

We don't know that he'll ever get fit, or that he'll ever have the heart to try. He was bobbins for a lot of the time, and the way he got caught offside about 20 times at Orient and Brentford was embarrassing. But he still did the business -- he put it in the onion bag, and that's what counts.

Agree - would team up well with Lee Hughes as a formidable strike force.

Guest oa_exile

Overweight , slow and cant jump he has all the qualities that we dont want ! .....and cant keep onside <_<

I cant believe that some of you actually would want him to head up our attack .............. "we can hopefully sign much better"

Guest sheridans_world
Overweight , slow and cant jump he has all the qualities that we dont want ! .....and cant keep onside <_<

I cant believe that some of you actually would want him to head up our attack .............. "we can hopefully sign much better"

To be honest, i dont think we need him, IF Craig Davies comes off i doubt we could pay for him, nevermind afford his overblown wages.

Guest oa_exile
Onion bag.

99 appearances and 17 goals = onion bag :blink:

Nah , you will have to come up with better than that ^_^

Guest oa_exile
How about:-

99 appearances and 17 goals = 40% strike rate. :wink:

Or would it be 10% with your maths! :lol:

Only joking mate before you up my warning level!!! :)

17% actually and you warning level has just been upped by 20% :grin:

Could be a good addition to the squad and improve it more than Hall and dare I say it Warnie could have done this season coming. For me on what we saw he wuldn't be a starter however he was struggling for fitness and form in a team who's own collective form would have cemented us a place in the religation zone!!!

I think he did okay for us. I know of at least 3 goals he scored. Can't remember if he got any more. Either way that's not a bad return for the amount of matches he got for us. I bet his goal to game ratio was close to Porters. Maybe aroung the 40% mark at a complete guess. Anyone know what that would actually be? :huh:

Forwards score goals, Leon scored goals!! Get real Exile

Or would you prefer (although he will always be a Tics Legend) Warney 9 goals in nearly 50 games.

Did you also love Porters contribution in his first full season when we saw:-

(1) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

(2) Always injured

(3) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

(4) Nearly always missed the target

(5) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

We have not signed Clarke yet but i for one would love to see a fit Clarke for a season. He got some of his fitness back with us then bagged for the Wendies first time out at Cardiff. Think you are being very, very, very harsh. Yes i was at Orient and Brentford and his work rate was not supreme BUT he scored and scored, don't know if you saw the pen at Brentford or did you leave with the hundred or so Tics "fans!!!!" that left at two down?

Under Shez, Porter got fit, under Shez i'm sure Clarke would get fit, but this is again just speculation. Until we see Shez and a player in the Chron or on the fishul site, signing a contract with Mr Hardy waiting for the ink to dry to fax the contract to the FA then we can change speculation to fact. In the meantime get off Shez's back with potential signings.

KTF