FA Cup - Latics greatest ever goals

Sat here wondering whether to make the journey tomorrow......well having read this I'm gunna have to go aren't i!

Seriously how good has the FA Cup been to us over the years (and vice versa)

Privileged to have seen all the goals mentioned but it's the away ones that stick in the memory

1. Gary Mac v Everton

2. Simmo v Forest

3. Beckford v Bolton

The Bears against Stoke in an earlier round was a good un too especially after spending most of the game getting pelted with Pies in the Victoria Ground!

Sat here wondering whether to make the journey tomorrow......well having read this I'm gunna have to go aren't i!

Seriously how good has the FA Cup been to us over the years (and vice versa)

Privileged to have seen all the goals mentioned but it's the away ones that stick in the memory

1. Gary Mac v Everton

2. Simmo v Forest

3. Beckford v Bolton

The Bears against Stoke in an earlier round was a good un too especially after spending most of the game getting pelted with Pies in the Victoria Ground!

Remember the stoke game well. You were lucky, I was being spat on from the stand above..

A great memory was wabaras header when it dawned on me that we were 3-1 up against Liverpool. And it was the best cross ever by Winchester

A great memory was wabaras header when it dawned on me that we were 3-1 up against Liverpool. And it was the best cross ever by Winchester

Can you clarify the point? Was it-that it was the best cross ever AND it was by Winchester?

Or were you simply stating that it was the best cross that had ever been done by Winchester?

I suspect the latter!

Can you clarify the point? Was it-that it was the best cross ever AND it was by Winchester?

Or were you simply stating that it was the best cross that had ever been done by Winchester?

I suspect the latter!

It was the best cross ever. Winchester's best cross accidentally went into the goal when he kicked it goal wards.

maurice whittle V plymouth 1977 freekick 40 yards out main stand side of the chaddy end plymouth throw up a wall which keith hicks and ian wood barge there way into .ian robins is lurking short close to the corner flag hallom and the rest are in the box whittle runs in to hit the kick robins runs towards the edge of the box hallom and co run towards the back post pulling defenders with them .as whittle strikes the ball wood and hicks drop to the floor and the ball screams through the gap and into the net with out the keeper moving

Edited by peanuts

Reece Wabara s header to go 3-1 up against Liverpool dreamland

Simpson V Liverpool was quality even though the lead only lasted a minute then Bellamy scored off his arse

Gary Mac V Everton hung on for dear life after remember Yakubu hitting the post late on

Matt Smith equaliser V Everton was special

Scott Vernon V City ! Even though City were pretty :censored: back then

Simpson header v Forest that second half was magic unbelievable stuff

Edited by Markspark92

That baxter free kick at forest almost felt like a penalty, it was as though the 16 bodies infront of him weren't there and it was always going into the bottom corner! Ive never been so certain that a ball was going to hit the net in my life