Players must get into LJ’s personality

To many people on this board go to extremes when you offer even a slightly contentious (or non contentious) opinion. Why do some posters feel the need to patronise people just because they disagre.

Some posters really do come across as wannabe super fans.

LJ has done more enough to earn our trust, but does that then mean we can never question him? Do me a favour.

LJ said- he hasn't got a first touch. He can't shoot. He can't play with with his back to goal.

That IMO is pretty damning, an doesn't fall into the caterogry of- he's jus getting him going.

How you can say that, then offer him the sholder is a bit beyond me. Time will tell if that sort of 'criticism' gets the best out of poleon. I didn't always agree with how LJ spoke about Harris in public, but he sold him for massive profit. . .

Maybe he does know best. Maybe what he said was misplaced.

Only an opinion like.

To many people on this board go to extremes when you offer even a slightly contentious (or non contentious) opinion. Why do some posters feel the need to patronise people just because they disagre.

Some posters really do come across as wannabe super fans.

LJ has done more enough to earn our trust, but does that then mean we can never question him? Do me a favour.

LJ said- he hasn't got a first touch. He can't shoot. He can't play with with his back to goal.

That IMO is pretty damning, an doesn't fall into the caterogry of- he's jus getting him going.

How you can say that, then offer him the sholder is a bit beyond me. Time will tell if that sort of 'criticism' gets the best out of poleon. I didn't always agree with how LJ spoke about Harris in public, but he sold him for massive profit. . .

Maybe he does know best. Maybe what he said was misplaced.

Only an opinion like.

I hope you burn in Hell. Forever.

He's right though isn't he?

I've said the same regarding Poleon. He has pace, bucket loads of it. But i'm not sure what he is; football wise. He's not shown too many flashy tricks; and as LJ says, his touch is pretty poor. So, whilst he's quick; I dont see him as a winger.

Up top, he hasnt shown too much so far by way of decent hold up / link play either. His finishing also looks (being kind) slightly erratic at best. So, is he a striker? Not sure.

LJ is bang on from what i've seen.

The downside to this is, whilst LJ is spot on, he's the one who brought Poleon here.

Time will tell if he's able to do what he managed to do with JCH, namely get him developed to a point where higher placed clubs will become interested. Just as JCH was, it looks a long road with Poleon though, he has soooo much to work on...

He's right though isn't he?

I've said the same regarding Poleon. He has pace, bucket loads of it. But i'm not sure what he is; football wise. He's not shown too many flashy tricks; and as LJ says, his touch is pretty poor. So, whilst he's quick; I dont see him as a winger.

Up top, he hasnt shown too much so far by way of decent hold up / link play either. His finishing also looks (being kind) slightly erratic at best. So, is he a striker? Not sure.

LJ is bang on from what i've seen.

The downside to this is, whilst LJ is spot on, he's the one who brought Poleon here.

Time will tell if he's able to do what he managed to do with JCH, namely get him developed to a point where higher placed clubs will become interested. Just as JCH was, it looks a long road with Poleon though, he has soooo much to work on...

LJ signed him as you say, so the trusted one must believe there is a player in there somewhere. Also, different players need different forms of encouragement; be it the proverbial 'arm around the shoulder' or the 'public dressing down' so maybe LJ knows what Poleon needs to fire him up.

Expect our pacey but erratic forward to play and score today.

I don't know if I could stand a bollocking from LJ....would his voice go higher?

I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face...even at school I couldn't when teachers were telling me off. Luckily I had braces and could bite down on the top one to stop me from smirking.

Bollocking from LJ no thanks

Around this time of year a few seasons ago one of our strikers missed a chance that all our grannys would have scored, even the ones who've been dead 20 years. The chance was at the RRE and he was about a yard out, all he had to do was stick his leg out, let the ball hit it and he would have scored. Instead he stuck his leg out and ballooned the ball over the ball, or wide, can't remember but he definitely didn't score. This was the easiest chance I have ever seen missed. Looked like that player was then finished as a striker, never going to make it.

He now plays for Fulham after scoring the goals to get us some great memories and keeping us up.

Poleon is far better than Smith was at this stage in his Latics career, Poleon is better than JCH was at this stage in his Latics career. Yes Poleon has his big boy attitude but that is the same for pretty much every young player at a Championship and above club these days. If it takes LJ having a pop in a chip wrapper to prick Poleon's bubble a bit then so be it. There is a player in there but it will take time to get it out.

Around this time of year a few seasons ago one of our strikers missed a chance that all our grannys would have scored, even the ones who've been dead 20 years. The chance was at the RRE and he was about a yard out, all he had to do was stick his leg out, let the ball hit it and he would have scored. Instead he stuck his leg out and ballooned the ball over the ball, or wide, can't remember but he definitely didn't score. This was the easiest chance I have ever seen missed. Looked like that player was then finished as a striker, never going to make it.

He now plays for Fulham after scoring the goals to get us some great memories and keeping us up.

Poleon is far better than Smith was at this stage in his Latics career, Poleon is better than JCH was at this stage in his Latics career. Yes Poleon has his big boy attitude but that is the same for pretty much every young player at a Championship and above club these days. If it takes LJ having a pop in a chip wrapper to prick Poleon's bubble a bit then so be it. There is a player in there but it will take time to get it out.

Agree with all of that.