Visiting from States Attending Peterborough game (Old Hallam)

I am coming back to the UK in April/May , and will be attending my first game in over 20+ years at Boundary Park (Sorry Sports Direct Park.com), I used to stand under the clock in the Ford Stand Paddock,. Before my work took me away from Oldham. And life eventually landed me in the USA . I have been in touch via Facebook with some of the old crowd from my era to arrange a reunion before the Peterborough game . Old Hallam if you read this please get in touch , I have been in touch with Trevor, Mark and John it would be great too meet up after all this time . I know Trevor frequents this board , not sure about Mark but maybe you can help with the whereabouts of other members of the clock crew . Thank you Robert

Edited by penrhyn

Yes your honour ;-) .... went to a charity fundraising event at a farm. Watching son on a zip wire. Another chap in field on own turn and its Rob who had moved to Island from Shaw. See innocent..... no sheep involved.

That's often how it begins.

Fryatts bald head do you remember the the Plymouth Friday night away game , needing a point for the championship and getting it. Getting lost on the coach down a country lane and nearly knocking a local vicar of his bike.Think we carried Maurice Whittle of the pitch that night . That season was fantastic, and just like this year we lost 4 on the bounce in December. So never say never.

Edited by penrhyn

Posh area Nick!

Remember loads of great trips but some classics are of Mark losing his wallet on way back from Workington and a bloke saying to him on the coach: "I saw it on the steps and never thought to pick it up". Mark's reaction was priceless.

Remember Triumph Herald well and coming back from a midweek afternoon fixture at Tranmere (cos of power cuts) and car overheating. Made fantastic time but spent an hour at Birch Services waiting for engine to cool down!

Going to Aston Villa in Geoff's Rover during petrol shortage and getting beat until referee called match off at half time. Had to stop at nearly every petrol station for our allowed quota of fuel just to get home. Won re-arranged game 1-0 with Alan Young scoring.